event The 2nd Annual Peppers at the Beach

You got it Buddah! Update: Going to be departing about two hours later than expected so figuring on a 11:30-noon arrival.

Well, the Defocn Urban Assaul Vehicle is traveling north through Wilmington, DE at the moment. It was a fun weekend. Friday was a little slow due to the rain, but Saturday made up for it. There was a great turnout of people Saturday and the weather cooperated 100%. It was great seeing some old industry friends like Huvason from Fat Kid Sauces and Capt. Thom as well as many bloggers like JayT from here, Buddha, and Scott Roberts. An interesting note, we couldn't get a single perosn to sign up for the Deathmatch. Many responses were, "Hell no, I've seen what you do to people". Needless to say,
I got a warm fuzzy feeling with the response.

I had an interview with James Beck from Eat More Heat, on Saturday afternoon. It was supposed to be a 20-minute filming, and wnet almost an hour. I'll post the link when I get home, it's funny as sh*t.

We ended up having to leave this morning (Sunday), for two reasons. One, Maggie got called into work this coming midnight, and two, I wrecked my back loading the huge grill we brought down into the trailer. Helpful hint, when lifting something that's heavy, don't twist your back, it really sucks. Anyway, all in all a very fun weekend, and we look forward to doing it again next year.

I am home now (I think).:beer: Well actually, I arrived home last evening. A great time was had by all. I have to hire a pack of day laborers today to unload my car. I will post pictures of my haul at some point soon. Needless to say, I could probably open my own hot sauce store now...

I'm very happy that lellie1o1 and I got to go to this, it was fantastic other than my neck. It's about as red as a raw steak right now. It was a great feeling to meet a few of you that I see regularly posting on this board: heartbreakingdawns, DEFCON Creator. You two definitely had the top two Buffalo wings in that competition. And JayT, I never saw you. Were you hiding somewhere? Was anyone else hiding out with a cooler behind the building?

I was there. In and out Saturday and Sunday. Sorry we didn't get to meet. If you were there during the best Buffalo wing competition, it was when I was at Dogfish Head Brewery. I came back afterward.

Scott Robert's write-up pretty much nails it on the head. Here is the link to the interview I had with James Beck from eatmoreheat.com. What was supposed to be a 20-minute review of my products turned into a funny as Hell hour of tag team radio announcing.

http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=191474836

Back