The 9th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS!

Whole bunch of new sauces to try!

Congrats to all the small businesses making outstanding fiery products.

Gotta whittle the stash down first. About 120 bottles of sauce on the wall. HEAT got me in a little too deep, but I'm up to the challenge!

WOW!  How thrilled are we (hint...Freakin' Wildly) to be the 2nd Place winner in SUPERHOTS PEPPER BLEND, behind only Lucky Dog?  That's like coming in 2nd behind Usain Bolt,... and How Ironic that we are both Canine themed brands!

Congrats to all the winners.  Thank you Hot Pepper Awards!  

Kris - 

Pi Rho, you are literally 25 minutes away from us!  I have to get me some!  Where can I pick your sauce up?

Okay, so this is how it goes... I get in the car at 0515, open the garage door, and start the car. I figured I could get in one more good laugh at the "Call for Entries" thread before I started my daily commute.  So, I then check the phone and see a thread marked "Winners."  Right away, I get a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I open the thread and my eye goes right to the "Best Overall" award, only to see Pi Rho Peppers- Dat's My'en written after it.  I open my door and run toward the house to break the news to my wife and get a clean change of underwear.  Immediately upon realizing that I drive a standard... I think to myself that it probably would have been a good idea to put on the parking break.  After a short chase out of the garage, I am finally able to secure the vehicle, slow my heart rate, and let the events of the previous 30 seconds sink in.

Thus, my day began... and it has only gotten better since.  I am really overjoyed to see my sauce receive such accolades... especially in the company of so many other great sauces.  This really is an awesome group of people on THP and I'm very thankful to just be a part of this event.  Congratulations to all.  You guys rock!

Mark

RescueMeHotSauces said:
WOW!  How thrilled are we (hint...Freakin' Wildly) to be the 2nd Place winner in SUPERHOTS PEPPER BLEND, behind only Lucky Dog?  That's like coming in 2nd behind Usain Bolt,... and How Ironic that we are both Canine themed brands!

Congrats to all the winners.  Thank you Hot Pepper Awards!  

Kris - 

Pi Rho, you are literally 25 minutes away from us!  I have to get me some!  Where can I pick your sauce up?

We'll have to meet up!  I'm in the valley quite often. Check out the site and make a contact entry or just PM me here.  Regardless, I'll make the trip anytime to work a trade.  Congrats on your award!

Pi Rho Peppers said:
Okay, so this is how it goes... I get in the car at 0515, open the garage door, and start the car. I figured I could get in one more good laugh at the "Call for Entries" thread before I started my daily commute.  So, I then check the phone and see a thread marked "Winners."  Right away, I get a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I open the thread and my eye goes right to the "Best Overall" award, only to see Pi Rho Peppers- Dat's My'en written after it.  I open my door and run toward the house to break the news to my wife and get a clean change of underwear.  Immediately upon realizing that I drive a standard... I think to myself that it probably would have been a good idea to put on the parking break.  After a short chase out of the garage, I am finally able to secure the vehicle, slow my heart rate, and let the events of the previous 30 seconds sink in.

Thus, my day began... and it has only gotten better since.  I am really overjoyed to see my sauce receive such accolades... especially in the company of so many other great sauces.  This really is an awesome group of people on THP and I'm very thankful to just be a part of this event.  Congratulations to all.  You guys rock!

Mark

Great story! :D

Big congrats, I did not know you were thescovillekid here, great day to change your username!

Back