• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Ames Glog 2016

I am going to start this glog to help keep track of what is going on. I always lose my notes and forget what I am growing. I haven't finalized my grow list yet.. I do plan on growing a bunch of Turkish pepper varieties this year along with a bunch of heirloom tomato's. So here is what I have started already.

12-8-2015

Aleppo  16 of 42 have popped as of 12-15-2015

Fresno 0 of 36 have popped as of 12-15-2015

Bahamian Goat 2 of 17 have popped as of 12-15-2015

Aji Jobito 2 of 24 have popped as of 12-15-2015

Brown Moruga cross of some kind 3 of 6 have popped as of 12-15-2015

Carolina Reaper (or whatever it is called now) 4 of 12 have popped as of 12-15-2015

12-15-2015

CPR  Just started them today

Well that is all for now . I will get more seeds started over the Christmas holiday.

Well here is the first draft of my grow list. I am sure I will add more as time goes on.

Peppers

Aleppo
Fresno
Bahamian Goat
Aji Jobito
Brown Moruga cross of some kind
Carolina Reaper (or whatever it is called now) Primo
CPR
Marconi
Turkish Sweet Bell
Biker Billy Jalapeno
Tomato Pepper
Nu Mex Big Jim
Pink Tiger
Paper Latern Habanero
Cow Horn
Cumra Cherry
Cinnamon Bell
Mustard Lightning Habanero
Brazilian Starfish
Bishops Hat
Star of Turkey
Bell of Gollu
Jalapeno (cracked)
Stuffed Red Giant
Farmers Market Jalapeno
Peach Habanero
Tekne Dolmasi
Nu Mex R Nakey
Habanero Orange Giant
Bulgarian Carrot
Palmyra

Eggplant

Melanzana Prosperosa

Tomato

Roma VF
Pomodoro Red Pear
Paquebot Roma
Indigo Rose
Hagan Little Yellow
Costoluto Genovese
Wisconsin SS Gold
Russian Big Roma
Uncle Everetts Rusty Oxheart
Martino's Roma
Wood's Famous Brimmer
Isbell's Golden Colossal
Mennonite Orange Heirloom
Dr. Carolyn
Black Zebra

Today I transplanted the 2 Aji Jobito's that sprouted and the 4 Brown Moruga crosses that have sprouted, Over the next couple of days I will be transplanting the Aleppo's and The Reapers. I still haven't got the Fresno's to sprout yet.

someguy said:
Well here is the first draft of my grow list. I am sure I will add more as time goes on.

Peppers

Aleppo
Fresno
Bahamian Goat
Aji Jobito
Brown Moruga cross of some kind
Carolina Reaper (or whatever it is called now)
CPR
Marconi
Turkish Sweet Bell
Biker Billy Jalapeno
Tomato Pepper
Nu Mex Big Jim
Pink Tiger
Paper Latern Habanero
Cow Horn
Cumra Cherry
Cinnamon Bell
Mustard Lightning Habanero
Brazilian Starfish
Bishops Hat
Star of Turkey
Bell of Gollu
Jalapeno (cracked)
Stuffed Red Giant
Farmers Market Jalapeno
Peach Habanero
Tekne Dolmasi
Nu Mex R Nakey
Habanero Orange Giant
Bulgarian Carrot
Palmyra

Eggplant

Melanzana Prosperosa

Tomato

Roma VF
Pomodoro Red Pear
Paquebot Roma
Indigo Rose
Hagan Little Yellow
Costoluto Genovese
Wisconsin SS Gold
Russian Big Roma
Uncle Everetts Rusty Oxheart
Martino's Roma
Wood's Famous Brimmer
Isbell's Golden Colossal
Mennonite Orange Heirloom
Dr. Carolyn
Black Zebra
Big list!!!
Congrats!!!

I'm glad to see Roma on your tomato list...

Paolo

grispa72 said:
Big list!!!
Congrats!!!

I'm glad to see Roma on your tomato list...

Paolo

The list really isn't that big. I have to grow Roma's and Costoluto Genovese for the sauce I make every year.

-Doug-

Nice list of peppers & tomatoes
I will be growing the black zebra for the first time this year along with others.
I think green zebra is the only one that is making a return in 2016 I might end up buying some black cherry plants if I have room.

Plantguy76 said:
Nice list of peppers & tomatoes
I will be growing the black zebra for the first time this year along with others.
I think green zebra is the only one that is making a return in 2016 I might end up buying some black cherry plants if I have room.
Thanks. This is the first year for me growing the Black Zebra. I got the seeds from RedNeck Spysee Chilez. I am growing some Roma's this year that I have never grown before and am excited about that.

someguy said:
I am growing some Roma's this year that I have never grown before and am excited about that.
I'm from Rome and, naturally, I had 20 plants last year. This tomato is good for salsa but it's super to be eaten raw in salad, whit hot peppers, of course! Good choice!

Nice list, in 2015 I've grown Aleppo from PepperLover.com, one of the best C.annuum and next season I will sow even the Jalapeno Cracked from Judy.
I will follow you, good luck for the 2016 season.

Well I have about 80 pepper plants in solo cups now. The Aleppo's are doing great. I am really excited about them. I plan on growing 100 or so of them this year. That should keep me in powder and flakes for a while. I also got 9 of the Aji Jobito's to germinate and the are doing well. Hopefully I can get them big enough to clone some before they go outdoors.

My new Hps lighting system showed up last week and I installed it yesterday. That really made those seedlings perk up! I think I may order another 1 or 2 of them.
This is the one that I got.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/160683199645?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=460039205287&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
It works well and is very well constructed.

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

Well my plants are doing well. The Aleppo's are growing like weeds. The Aji Jobito's are doing pretty good. My CPR's are growing a little slow but they are doing nicely. Here are some pics that I took this morning.

Aji Jobito
AJI_JOBITO.JPG

Aleppo

ALEPPO.JPG

Bahamian Goat

BAHAMIAN_GOAT.JPG

Brown Moruga Unknown Cross

BROWN_MORUGA_CROSS.JPG

CPR

CPR.JPG

Primo

PRIMO.JPG

Here is a Brown Moruga cross that I have. A couple of years ago I bought some fresh Brown Moruga pods from Judy. I used the pods and kept the seeds from some of them. Last year (2015) I grew out some of those seeds. They turned out a little different then the Brown Morugas that I had bought. They  were crossed with something, but who knows what? They had a great flavor and some wicked heat. I saved seeds from a few of the gnarliest pods and am growing out this year. Below is a pic of one of the plants I am growing this year and also some of the pods that I saved seeds from. I wonder what I'll get this year?

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

someguy said:
Here is a Brown Moruga cross that I have. A couple of years ago I bought some fresh Brown Moruga pods from Judy. I used the pods and kept the seeds from some of them. Last year (2015) I grew out some of those seeds. They turned out a little different then the Brown Morugas that I had bought. They  were crossed with something, but who knows what? They had a great flavor and some wicked heat. I saved seeds from a few of the gnarliest pods and am growing out this year. Below is a pic of one of the plants I am growing this year and also some of the pods that I saved seeds from. I wonder what I'll get this year?

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

Definitely more bumpy than the Brown Morugas I grew from Judy's seed two years ago, do you recall what other varieties were growing in the immediate vicinty?

alkhall said:

Definitely more bumpy than the Brown Morugas I grew from Judy's seed two years ago, do you recall what other varieties were growing in the immediate vicinty?
Well those were what grew out of Judy's pods. So last year I grew them out. They were grown in the middle of the tomato patch. Probably the closest peppers would have been a Big Sun Habanero. They were probably 50 or 60 feet away.

Back