The best Hot Peppers

Okay I'm as new as they come to this forum. I have introduced myself in the welcome forum, but to give a quick little background. I have been in school for the past 2.5yrs where I have had no life what so ever! I live in a small apt and this year I started growing hot peppers on my balcony. (its the only thing that kept me sane while in school :crazy: ) I'm addicted already! :hell: I graduate in December and will be moving to a place that has a yard, where I plan on exploiting my new habit. I have not tried a lot of the different hot peppers out there, though I'm really eager to try them! The question is out of all the nuclear hot peppers..... in your opinion, which ones have the best flavor? That should help me put together my growing wish list for next season!

I really like the Caribbean Red, Bhut/Bih Jolokia, 7-Pot and Bulgarian Carrot, but nothing beats a roasted green Anaheim. :)

I'd also consider growing a few varieties that are not or not normally available for you. There are certain cases though, like Jalapeños. I'm growing them for the fact that the ones only available for me are always unripe.

I also decided to taste test a few different types before growing to see what I might prefer to spend my time on.

the Bhut jolokia then the choc hab for taste then for pure pain go for the trinidad scorpions

here are a couple of links to the same subject posted previously...

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17488-whats-your-favorite-pepper/page__p__371979__hl__%2Bfavorite+%2Bhot+%2Bpepper__fromsearch__1#entry371979

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/7844-what-is-your-favorite-pepper-for-flavor-that-also-has-heat/page__pid__138912#entry138912

Yellow chinenses are always my favorites. I'm really impressed with the yellow7 which is very productive with good heat, great flavor, and they seem to have an incredible shelf life. Others worth mentioning are the Fatalii, Scotch bonnet-TFM, and Bonda ma jacques. Not all nuclear but very hot and flavorful

I have been partial to datils and habs. Since joining here though, I have learned there are a lot I have never heard of much less tried. Whatever you grow, best of luck to you.

Edit: I really want to try fatalii and bhut jolokia(sp?).

Fresh Pods: Fatalii, Yellow Scorpion CARDI, So many others are tied for third!

Powder(so far): Mexican Bird Pepper (C. frutescens), De Arbol, Habanero Orange

Yellow chinenses are always my favorites. I'm really impressed with the yellow7 which is very productive with good heat, great flavor, and they seem to have an incredible shelf life. Others worth mentioning are the Fatalii, Scotch bonnet-TFM, and Bonda ma jacques. Not all nuclear but very hot and flavorful

+1

I really like Fatalii and Datil

I'd also consider growing a few varieties that are not or not normally available for you. There are certain cases though, like Jalapeños. I'm growing them for the fact that the ones only available for me are always unripe.

I also decided to taste test a few different types before growing to see what I might prefer to spend my time on.

Is there a specific forum for newbies where you can possibly get fresh pods of different types to try?

here are a couple of links to the same subject posted previously...

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17488-whats-your-favorite-pepper/page__p__371979__hl__%2Bfavorite+%2Bhot+%2Bpepper__fromsearch__1#entry371979

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/7844-what-is-your-favorite-pepper-for-flavor-that-also-has-heat/page__pid__138912#entry138912

Thanks AJ....I figured there would be a forum about this somewhere up here, but just had no idea where it might be.

I really like the Caribbean Red, Bhut/Bih Jolokia, 7-Pot and Bulgarian Carrot, but nothing beats a roasted green Anaheim. :)

I agree, nothing beats a roasted new mexican green chile particularly the hotter varieties like Chimayo and Sandia.

Is there a specific forum for newbies where you can possibly get fresh pods of different types to try?

That could possible be arranged...I know several members have offered up plates of different varieties...

my absolute favorite is a standard 7 Pot that I grow from seeds sent to me by a fellow member 3 years ago

If you're talking only superhots I'd have to say the Yellow7Pot, closely followed by the 7Pot Jonah. The flavour of the Jonah is second to none (well... of the ones I've tried anyway) but I rank it below the Yellow because it is so EXTREMELY hot that you can't use very much of it.

Back