• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

I will have to try over next year.  While my plants were very healthy and beautiful, they had contacted a disease in my back yard.  I'm suspicious of my Common Milkweed.  The
leaves on some of the milkweed are very twisted and distorted.  Very similar to how the pepper leaves are.  I think they got it from the milkweed.  

I bought a couple of Mammoth Jalapeño, one Ghost Pepper, and put them in the front yard away from the Milkweed.  They are fine so far.  I want at least a little bit of peppers this
summer.  I have one Thai pepper that might be okay.  The rest in my backyard I think I will have to throw away.  They do not seem to be growing out of this disease.

Maybe next year all my peppers will have to be in the front yard.

roper2008 said:
I will have to try over next year.  While my plants were very healthy and beautiful, they had contacted a disease in my back yard.  I'm suspicious of my Common Milkweed.  The
leaves on some of the milkweed are very twisted and distorted.  Very similar to how the pepper leaves are.  I think they got it from the milkweed.  

I bought a couple of Mammoth Jalapeño, one Ghost Pepper, and put them in the front yard away from the Milkweed.  They are fine so far.  I want at least a little bit of peppers this
summer.  I have one Thai pepper that might be okay.  The rest in my backyard I think I will have to throw away.  They do not seem to be growing out of this disease.

Maybe next year all my peppers will have to be in the front yard.
Sorry to hear that Linda.

I have had some similar occurences with new growth.  Other THP members have suggested it can come from a type of mite or herbacide exposure.  I was able to just cut of the affected area all all was well later.  

Perhaps you should post in the disease forum with pics if possible.  I am sure others will know what you should do and maybe save some plants.
There would no doubt be an appropriat spray/treatments for the mites.

He was posting the situation in Cumaná, Venezuela on FB.  The riots hit his hometown and they sacked the bakery next to his house.  A person was shot and killed in Cumaná according to news reports.  HIs last post on FB was June 23 when he received a box of food from Joe Delaney.  Cheri may have heard from him, since then.  FedEx was getting through last we checked but expensive.

I wonder if sending money per paypal would help him at the moment? I would do so if that helps.

I dont know if he can buy anthing with it in this situation, or if he even recives it.

I have sent him money via PayPal and he got it. Last month. Not sure of the current situation in Cumanà- media reports are in Spanish.

I talked to Joe. He last heard from him July 14.

i think most of the problem is that there isn't any food to buy...
i just read that Jamaica is paying back debt to Venezuela in the form of Food and Medicine instead of cash

Yeh mid July was the last any of us heard from him. I have not tried to send via pay pal in the last two weeks, but it was working then.

I have an "Aji Dulce Amarillo" Plant from semillas this year and i wonder if it is the same Variety as "Aji Jobito".

It looks so similiar. But they are not from Lindberg.

I think Semillas have them since some years, before the "Aji Jobito" became interesting in this forum. 

xm8obr.jpg

e9ycsh.jpg

33w6tq9.jpg

Zackorz said:
I have an "Aji Dulce Amarillo" Plant from semillas this year and i wonder if it is the same Variety as "Aji Jobito".

It looks so similiar. But they are not from Lindberg.

I think Semillas have them since some years, before the "Aji Jobito" became interesting in this forum. 

xm8obr.jpg

e9ycsh.jpg

33w6tq9.jpg
Is very similar to me.
Do you tried them?

How long is the growing season for Aji Jobita ? I live in Minnesota and would growing these here be viable ? I know I'd have to start them inside, but with a June to September season here will this work ? I don't have the seeds yet ( Hippy Seed Co in Australia ). Thanks Craig

CraigJS said:
How long is the growing season for Aji Jobita ? I live in Minnesota and would growing these here be viable ? I know I'd have to start them inside, but with a June to September season here will this work ? I don't have the seeds yet ( Hippy Seed Co in Australia ). Thanks Craig

I imagine they'd be fine provided you got them going early enough (I'm in Chicago area and start in late January). 

Also I still have seed stock for Lindberg's peppers and all proceeds go directly to Fig.  PM me for info if you want some.  :)

CraigJS said:
I germinated my seeds in July 2015 and didn't pick my first good pepper until March-April. They took longer than any pepper I have ever grown.
I have seeds here in Florida, but get them from SmokenFire so Fig gets more money. Tom

I started late this year, the last week of March.   My largest Jobito are the size of fat pecans.  None are showing color yet (though I anxiously awhile the chinense sunrise!). 

I tasted a second, more ripe pod from "Aji Dulce Amarillo", it was much better -  really great.

Long lasting mild "chinense" taste, the vegetable taste almost dissapeared, and a good sweetness.

I bet it is the same as "Aji Jobito".

Back