• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Boy's 14th Birthday Party

So it's a barbecue and grill celebration for the boy's 14th. The uncle wants to grill the wings with Louisiana hot sauce. Which seems like a tragedy to me. OK, the sauce will do in a very serious pinch. But when there is planning involved that's what he goes to? Whatever, his redneck ways are not as refined as my own. So, I'm doing the burgers. I have 30 pounds of grass fed beef. Not the kind you get from the store but the real kind. Straight from the farm. Good stuff. Very lean and juicy. The flavor of the meat mostly speaks for itself. Sure I could selfishly add my sauces and wow the crowd. But I thought I would save those for finishing sauces. Since the meat is so delicious on its own, I do not want to tamper with it too much. But since The Captain is grilling the burgers it seems necessary for me to leave a signature. Here are the choices before me. A very slight hint of the following.

1. Straight dehydrated ground Douglah's. Just a sprinkle. Just enough to let people know that fairy dust is up in the burgers.
2. Smoked Habs and then deydrated and ground. They were smoked with mango, apple and tangerine. The flavor is something else. I was thinking about convincing the uncle to use this dust on the wings.
3. Douglah's marinated in Coconut aminos and brown sugar. Then smoked with cherry wood. Then dehydrated. Powdered. It's like chocolate candy to be honest. Hot as hell and sweet as hell.
4. Delightful ghost powder with a few stragglers of sugar rush and trinidads, just freshly made.

I know not everyone is for heat. But that is not my concern. They are sinners.. I'm talking to fellow chileheads. Which sprinkle would you use before grilling the burgers?

The Hot Pepper said:
I'd build a burger station. Even for adults. Put pepper powders, pickled peppers, and hot sauce out. People like control with assembled meals like burgers. "Have it your way."

You say we have assumptions, but your original post was assuming the crowd would not like your uncle's wings. :shrug:

OK my chilehead friends. Let's get some things under control. On Friday and Saturday nights, I'm probably drinking. A bit more gregarious to be sure. Not that it is an excuse but just for your info. I'll throw stuff out there that I would normally not. So what? Then I get myself into the thick with you fine folks.

I am sure that the crowd will like my boy's uncles wings. I was being an ass. Sorry for that.

A burger station is a given. Of course there will be a burger station. My simple question was about the dust. I'm totally leaning toward the smoked Hab. In fact, I won't even tell the boy's uncle I have it. Bwahhaahaaahaaaa.

However, the candied Douglah's are quite spectacular. I'll have to find a place for them.

OK, so I'm not going to start posts anymore. Unless they are truly inspired. It gets too many people upset. But I love the fact that there are so many people who love heat, super hots and chiles. I feel akin to you folks. I'll try to keep it to a dull roar.

Captain Caliente said:
OK, so I'm not going to start posts anymore
No need to take it to that extreme, man! :cheers:
It's just that when you ask for advice, don't scoff at it when you get it. A lot of your posts come across like you think you already know better than everyone else, and when people try giving you tips/advice/pointers, you (almost) lambast them. I can tell you right now, there ain't too many people that are gonna sit here and put up with that shit, haha. Take that for whatever you think it's worth.....

Seems to be a reoccurring "situation" with you. Don't ask for advice if you think you might not like the replies, that's all

Captain Caliente said:
OK my chilehead friends. Let's get some things under control. On Friday and Saturday nights, I'm probably drinking. A bit more gregarious to be sure.
News flash: SO ARE WE! :rofl: :drunk:

Welcome to THP, man! ;)

MikeUSMC said:
No need to take it to that extreme, man! :cheers:
It's just that when you ask for advice, don't scoff at it when you get it. A lot of your posts come across like you think you already know better than everyone else, and when people try giving you tips/advice/pointers, you (almost) lambast them. I can tell you right now, there ain't too many people that are gonna sit here and put up with that shit, haha. Take that for whatever you think it's worth.....

Seems to be a reoccurring "situation" with you. Don't ask for advice if you think you might not like the replies, that's all

News flash: SO ARE WE! :rofl: :drunk:

Welcome to THP, man! ;)

I do not know better than anyone else. Sorry for implying that. Now...for another beer.

Crapcrapcrap.....

Uuuhhhmmmm....SO...Captain....How you gonna deal with the Lilly livered parents who will complain about you trying to abuse their 14 year old kids by feeding them spicy schtuff?

Hmmm...That might not be good enough to get back on the hijack.

Captain...You really should put more blue color in your logos.

The Hot Pepper said:
Maybe I should tell the Captain about how much shit I took over not having a kitchen for 10 years :lol:

I think he would retreat "you win man you win!!!!!" :rofl:

And that claim of actually having s kitchen is still a rumor!!!

No actual food pics...No actual kitchen!!!

Captain Caliente said:
I do not know better than anyone else
No worries, man! We already knew that ;)

Captain Caliente said:
Now...for another beer.
Same here! I'm almost empty too!
IMG_7484.JPG

:cheers:

Hey Mike...

If I like a nice heferweisen, and I drink that doppelganger beer, will it taste like heferweisen?

Captain Caliente said:
OK my chilehead friends. Let's get some things under control. On Friday and Saturday nights, I'm probably drinking. A bit more gregarious to be sure. Not that it is an excuse but just for your info. I'll throw stuff out there that I would normally not. So what? Then I get myself into the thick with you fine folks.

I am sure that the crowd will like my boy's uncles wings. I was being an ass. Sorry for that.

Capt caliente obviously doesn't know about DPSE!

Back