• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

The Chilli Factory's Scorpion Strike

I was fortunate enough to get a hold of the Chilli Factory's brand new sauce, I did a review for my regular facebook community but it serves as a great promo opportunity.
It was an unbelievable sauce, still unreleased but all the hype for it has begun, especially since the announcement of the Hippy Seed Company's ButchT variety reaching 1.466M SHU
It's an excellent BBQ sauce and I couldn't love a sauce more right now - It is theoretically 850k SHU and for the hottest sauce to date title with Yellow7 at an estimated 640k SHU you know it will sell well. I'm not really involved with the Chilli Factory but I confess to enjoying their products and being a part of this sauce in particular. Here's some reviews by me and the Chilli Factory.

So thanks for the pain Marcel and Neil!!

Marcel still owes me a jacket! I gave him one to wear at a drunken chilli festival because he was freezing his nads off lol.
Maybe i will get him to send me a bot of this in its place hahaha.

That being said hippies skobiyan has 66% scorpions in it, whats that theoretical shu level?

Marcel still owes me a jacket! I gave him one to wear at a drunken chilli festival because he was freezing his nads off lol.
Maybe i will get him to send me a bot of this in its place hahaha.

That being said hippies skobiyan has 66% scorpions in it, whats that theoretical shu level?

well 966k SHU.... surprisingly. If this is the case why didn't thehotpepper.com award it hottest sauce for 2010 instead of yellow7? I may have to do a comparison of the 2 - this one just feels hotter... I will try them both again this afternoon.

Like you said its all about the feel, some peppers seem hotter than others when in fact they are not, did marcel put any other chillis in the strike?

The international shops are limited but here is a list: http://thechillifactory.com/outlets.php?type=4
I have no idea how long until they start stocking this stuff, but I don't believe it will happen for a couple of months.
When it is released, you will be able to buy it from http://thechillifactory.com/ and they aren't expensive, so you can always buy a few more to make it worth while for shipping like I plan on doing for some American sauces I want to try :)

Sounds good, my belly is still getting over the foolishly drunk antics of consuming too much sauce and powder in front of my mates. Will give it a shot though soon.

He was selling them at the chilli festival here in Jindivick last weekend. Tastes great and has plenty of heat but definitely not as hot as Neil's Skobiyan. I went with a friend who's not a chilli eater and talked him into trying the Scorpion Strike. He cried for about an hour after..... :hell:

Awesome demo, who are the distributers over her in the US?
There are no distributers for this sauce in the US, but if you order from http://thechillifactory.com/product-34 you can get 4 bottles shipped for the same price as one bottle so i went in with some friends and it only costs us $30 a piece. i hope this info helps

I would absolutely LOVE getting some sauces from the Chilli Factory, but even my lustful desire for new and spicier hot sauce has me choking at the sheer dollar figure of the shipping charges from Australia. GACK!

I would absolutely LOVE getting some sauces from the Chilli Factory, but even my lustful desire for new and spicier hot sauce has me choking at the sheer dollar figure of the shipping charges from Australia. GACK!

You could say that again. Just bought a bottle of zchilli's SIN and it cost me 18 dollars just for shipping! :(

Next time either have a seat or set the camera up higher. It's distracting watching you move around all the time and being bent over. Other wise good job on the description of the sauce.

Loved the woofers! That was a great review.

You could say that again. Just bought a bottle of zchilli's SIN and it cost me 18 dollars just for shipping! :(

Unfortunately it is expensive to send items to the USA. The US postal service has now intorduced an additional charge of $9 on all goods over 500grams. Apparantlky they are inspecting all items over 500grams and this addition charge is to cover that cost.

We are working on a strategy to be able to supply our products at reasonable rates and with reasonable freight charges, however, it will take us an estimated 6-12 months for us to be able to start doing this. But we are working on it.

Regards,

Craig and Amy Zwetsloot at zchiili.com

Back