• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment The Curse Salsa - Extremely Hot

thecurse.jpg
Name: If the name "The Curse" doesn't scare you already, then you must try this salsa. Note: This Salsa requires a signed waiver consent form relinquishing the company of all liability from anything that could happen (Runny nose, diarrhea, asthma, acid reflux, death etc)

Container/Labeling:
Nice labeling, professional. The picture on this new label gives the true picture of the product... dangerously hot! (picture below)

Heat Level: Off the charts! Though i built a tolerance to it in no time.

Aroma:
Oh salsa, why do you tantalize me with your aroma? Initial waft of the open jar yields a smokey bhut jolokia aroma, yet somewhat sweet or fruity smell also. This smell is a misnomer, it is much hotter than it smells.

Color: Red/Garnet color, dark and mysterious! Kinda threatening, but i guess that's why they call it The Curse!

Consistency: Compared to store-bought salsas, it is definitely not chunky. Which is a good thing because who wants to bother with chewing a lot when your mouth is on fire?

Taste:
  • Initial: the first wave is a smoky flavor followed by the Bhut Jolokias vicious kick!
  • 5 Minutes: after five minutes this product easily lives by it's name, im coughing and there are some tears coming!
  • 10 Minutes: There is still a burn on my tounge, though less than before, now it is painfully in my throat, just sitting there!
  • 20 Minutes: I licked my lips, now they burn! Besides that, the heat has settled in my stomach and it seems like it is going to stay there for some time now!

Conclusion Pros:
Great Salsa for the heat and smoky flavor, i would suggest it to anyone! No doubt 1million Scoville units and any chile-head would be given a run for their money with this hot stuff! Also good for people who have seasonal allergies or constipation or both. I promise you that you wont have either after trying this!

Conclusion Cons:
As another reviewer said, there isn't much of a flavor besides the Bhut Jolokia but that's expected of this hot stuff. If he wanted flavor/wimpy salsa he should have purchased a mild salsa!

Ingredients: Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chili Peppers), Habanaro Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Bhut Jolokia Chili Powder, Cilantro, Garlic, Fresh lime Juice, Salt.

Glad to hear Scott made some improvements on the original recipe. The reason I didn't eat the old recipe of 'the Curse' was the flavor. You said it yourself in this review that there wasn't much flavor which could be expected from this hot stuff. I've had A LOT of stuff made with Bhut Jolokia and much hotter peppers that was delicious. The heat of 'The Curse' was just fine for me but I'm not in this to show off the size of my balls...... :rofl:

Ingredients: Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper, Onions, Sugar, Garlic, Salt, Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Sundried Tomato Paste, Habanaro Peppers, Sundried Tomatoes, Cilantro, Lime Zest, Ghost Chilis (Bhut Jolokia)

From talking to the creator, Scott, he said he uses dried (smoked) ghost chili peppers in the mix. So i think it is safe to say this is extract free.

I use no extracts at all in this salsa, who would need extracts when using Bhut's? lol We will continue working on the flavor, we were going for a super hot salsa to knock your socks off. Any suggestions on how to move foward with this salsa would be greatly appreciated. I joined this site to learn from all of you and am glad to take constructive criticism. Now i need to hit you with our Bhut Jolokia Dip/spread, see how you like that Bill. Thanks for the review.

Back