food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

PIC 1 said:

It's all about the Bonnet...and in this case it's the Bahamian Orange Scotch Bonnet. There's only two members here growing this one,  that would be me and Brent (Fade to Black) from the Bahama's that sent me the seeds a few yrs back. I've been growing this one for 3 seasons now and it's a great go to pepper when making a tropical Pico de Gallo.

As you will sea.....the main ingredient for these tacos are Grouper Fillets that were cut into fingers and coated in equal parts of Rice, Corn and AP Flours.........with a little Old Bay.
The fish strips will be deep fries at 360 F.

I like  Cabbage on my fish tacos and in this case it's Red Cabbage drenched with Rice Vinegar, a drizzle of Honey and Salt and Pepper.

Along with the Red Cabbage goes a Tropical Pico with diced Orange Scotch Bonnets, Heirloom Tomatoes, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Red Onion, crushed Garlic, Cilantro, Cumin, Salt, Pepper and Lime juice.

Also a Tequila-Lime Crema which will balance things out.

It wouldn't be a kickass  taco unless you have homemade tortillas, and in this case it's Flour made with Butter and Lard.

Arm and Hammer ?........nah.....just the cheapo tortilla press....

Toasted the Tortilla's on a Indian Tawa.

Grouper Tacos with Tropical Pico de Gallo, Red Cabbage, sliced Avacado and Tequila-Lime Crema.
and a Rum drink !

dig in boys.....

Nice!

texas blues said:

The word, nice.

Translation:

"Dude that shit fucking rocks harder than Chinese arithmetic with a head on it like a house cat!"

Ergo...

Nice!

Tell dude to seek medical attention asap...

Pooping rocks the size of a cat's head?......... dude is the Chuck Norris of scat.

Proofread your jokes. :lol: That is some mutant poop!

The Hot Pepper said:
Proofread your jokes. :lol: That is some mutant poop!

You are such a non joke getting bastige.

You of all people know my lines.

"Harder than penitentiary steel."

"Harder than Chinese arithmetic."

All sexual innuendo and very suggestive.

I'm not a sexual deviant.

I only suggest it.

Bahaha I get it now. Reread this joke with "Dude" as a person that shit rocks and it's even better... oops.

texas blues said:
The word, nice.

Translation:

"Dude that shit fucking rocks harder than Chinese arithmetic with a head on it like a house cat!"

Ergo...

Nice!

Some tacos again tonight before heading off to work. 

zucchini, onion, serrano, carib red hab and a few datils sauteed in kerrigold butter. Seasoned with ancho modelo, ground toasted cumin and pequin, Garlic powder

Added a packet of la preferda taco seasoning and served wtih store bought tortillas, chipotle chihuahua cheese and some french onion dip... yea that's right. french onion dip... it was made from sour cream after all.  :rofl:

I intentionally left the zucchini in bigger chunks this time. Really freakin tasty. Good idea on the saute in butter advice pooky. 

All kine'o chingon goin' on there.

Take out the meat factor and that there is what I just might be stuffing in my piehole on any given night.

Yeah I know its hippy dippy sheeit without the carne but I don't care.

Them there tacos, carne n' all, look pert' dang goodern' hell to me senor!

TB orders his Texas chili... no meat. Onion tomato stew! Still, no beans.

Back