food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

grantmichaels said:
sorry, i assumed you made them ... wasn't paying the closest attention, and just got that impression for no reason from hl's reaction ...

I knew it was store bought hard shell tortillas. But still its a big leap for D since he got here. Shouldn't be long before he's using a good quality properly scalded REAL corn-tilla

Which gets me thinking  :think: If Mexicans had a dragon sea monster, would it be called Corn-zilla? Would it do battle with the fearsome mountain dwelling Tri-mole-tops?

Picadillo, fresh onion, iceberg, homemade salsa, crema and a bit of romy6 powder.  Boom!

2ntkyah.jpg

Turn that thing to the side...

2en6bt2.jpg

Lovin it!

20r08qu.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Nice ... looks good. And, a better beer pairing than I enjoyed, earlier.

I dunno, i've been really disappointed with hoegaarden lately. Not sure if my sense of taste has changed or they have been stored poorly. Might as well be a coors light. But i've been scared to waste money on a new beer I may not like and at $14 for a 12 pack it's a lot cheaper than the $9.99 stores around here charge for 6packs of other decent beers. 

Been eyeballing warsteiner but haven't tried it yet. 

D3monic said:

I dunno, i've been really disappointed with hoegaarden lately. Not sure if my sense of taste has changed or they have been stored poorly. Might as well be a coors light. But i've been scared to waste money on a new beer I may not like and at $14 for a 12 pack it's a lot cheaper than the $9.99 stores around here charge for 6packs of other decent beers. 

There's like 4x beers at the grocery store I'll drink:

1) Negra Modelo
2) Warsteiner
3) Murphy's Stout
4) DFH 90 (pretty sure it's the 90, not the 60, but it's been a while ...)

And, that's it ... def rec the Warsteiner ... great beer!

grantmichaels said:

There's like 4x beers at the grocery store I'll drink:

1) Negra Modelo
2) Warsteiner
3) Murphy's Stout
4) DFH 90 (pretty sure it's the 90, not the 60, but it's been a while ...)

And, that's it ... def rec the Warsteiner ... great beer!

ok maybe next time I will, it was on sale for $12 for a 12 pack too. 

D3monic said:

My wife and I call hoegaardens skanky hoes.  Mass produced versions of what was once an awesome beer.   Could we interest you in the brewing threads?  :rolleyes:

Bumper said:
My wife and I call hoegaardens skanky hoes.  Mass produced versions of what was once an awesome beer.   Could we interest you in the brewing threads?  :rolleyes:

Yea i'm over there, actually I figured out the hoegaarden issue and posted about it over on my newb brew. 

I've been looking forward to this one ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448924263.840270.jpg

Having liked Boulevard's other offerings, I had some expectations I'll admit ...

The taste is good, not too grassy or dank, but ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448924381.181435.jpg

So, I look at the label and sure as shit it says in gold on white that it's a f**king collab w/ Cigar City ...

I mean ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448924493.795888.jpg

I swear ... I'm so over CCB's light-colored beers ...

It's tasty, but the floaties are 50x more annoying than yeast sediment, which stays down ...

I didn't know it was a collab w/ CCB when I grabbed it, but who would have ever imagined I'd be "ruling out" CCB products ...

Crazy.

Back