food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Hark!  The thread hath derailed with the tattered talk of steak underfoot and sandwiches run amok.  Therefore back unto tacos we doth.  Forsooth! 

au8bde.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Those look rockin' ... and dressed similarly to my preferences, which makes it even better!

I've seen you put black olives on tacos.  Which I never really did or thought of.  And I was skeptical. 

Till I tried it.  Turns out black olives on tacos is great.  

Those who would deny are doofi.  :)

grantmichaels said:
;) ...

my mom always had them out as a condiment on #OEP night, so for me, they are my normal ...

i guess, though, they aren't really traditional, probably ...

anyways, glad you liked =)

:cheers:
They are not traditional, but who really cares.  I guess neither are most of what we call "tacos".

Myself, I don't eat them.  Not on tacos, pizza or anything else.  I will pick them off of frozen pizzas.

I had NEVER seen them used on tacos until I my future mother-in-law put them out on the table on taco night.  She is from Illinois, so maybe it's a northern thing?  My wife still eats them on ground beef tacos, so when I make them, I have some out for her.

The Count said:
They are not traditional, but who really cares.  I guess neither are most of what we call "tacos".

Myself, I don't eat them.  Not on tacos, pizza or anything else.  I will pick them off of frozen pizzas.

I had NEVER seen them used on tacos until I my future mother-in-law put them out on the table on taco night.  She is from Illinois, so maybe it's a northern thing?  My wife still eats them on ground beef tacos, so when I make them, I have some out for her.

I think olives originally comes from picadillo - a latin american (cuban) thing.  It has ground beef seasoned with chili powder with a bit of raisins for sweetness and olives for salt.   I've also seen capers in picadillo too.  

i like everything but the pre shredded cheese. I hate pre shredded cheese. they add some powder shit to keep it from going hard

Back