• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

THE GOOD STUFF 7-12-09

I started picking these 2 days ago, pulled a muscle in my back (not while picking) and just
finished the harvest this morning. 4 and 7/16 pounds from 8 plants.
The JD is for medicinal purposes, of course. ;-)
TheGoodStuff7-12-09.jpg

Fataliis from 2 plants and Datils from 1. Can you spot the twins? :-)
DatilFatali7-12-09i.jpg

Red Habs from 2 plants.
HabsRed7-12-09.jpg

Naga Morrich from 3 plants.
NagasMor7-12-09.jpg

Still am getting only a few ripe Fataliis at a time, but they coninue to bloom and set as do
all of my chili plants. This plant had the middle large leaves removed some time ago and is
now setting pods on the lower new growth. Just wish more would ripen at once.
Fatalii2_7-12-09.jpg

Very nice. Four and a half pounds is huge. You're going to be busy. Super job on the photos too.

I so bad want to pinch a immature pepper off my plants and eat it whole after looking at these pictures. Great job!

SS you're an artist! Those are the ripest pods I've ever seen and they are absolutely beautiful. Great work bro.

I'll agree with Iggy on the twins, right side below the middle. They are conjoined and hooked up head to toe. The one on the left is slightly sexier.

Ahh, ya'll spotted the cool coupling. Yeah, the one on the left is the female. ;)

Thanks patrick, but some of those pods do have a little green. :)

Thanks RJC, go ahead, eat up, no ones stopping ya. :D

Appreciated lee, but you're the photo pro of the award winning greenery. :drooling:

chillilover said:
Nice harvest. You not gonna dry them all are you?:shocked:

Nah, already made 92 ounces of hot sauce, and made some fresh salsa with the last harvest. I think I'll just pickle this round since I can use the pickled peppers in most any recipe. The dehydrator racks are just a display idea I stole from PRF.

I'm wanting enough Fatalii pods harvested at the same time to dry and make some powder, but it looks like I need more plants or need to start freezing some for drying later.

texas blues said:
Whoa...great pics and beautiful display of capsacium carnage! Jump back and kiss yo'sef one time!

Salute', TB.

Thanks TB, think I'll have a drink instead. ;)

Pepperfreak said:
Looking great...That sure is a lot of fire. What plans do you have for them all?

I'm thinking Datil relish and freezing the Fataliis until I have enough for some chili powder.
Gonna pickle the rest and stash away for using in recipes this winter.
There are plenty more to be harvested b4 winter arrives and they have shown no signs of slowing down yet.

Back