• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The Great Douglah Growing Thread

No-one is selling these around these parts, i had to sift through hippies poo for mine :D (not really but i would have :lol:)

My 2nd plant has begun to set pods :)

The first plant in the pics on the first page has very dark pods and they look quite regular shaped like a large slightly pimpled choc hab.

The pods on the 2nd plant (although very small at this stage) seem to be more lime green so fingers crossed they are closser to the money.

You watch......... the best of the 3 i grew will be the one i gave Pip.

Pics to come later in the weekend.

cheers

My favourite shot of a Douglah pod, autumn 2009... Almost Scorpion-looking!!!

7Potbrown-4.jpg

/René

Update-

Some Douglah shots taken today.

15012010004.jpg

15012010003.jpg

15012010008.jpg

First plant in the bed to the left, i have two more in there but they are hidden by foliage.
15012010001.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Not every pod with a tail is a T.scorpion but all Trinidad scorpions are pods:)
The pod in the pic had more distorted features than most. Here's a few other pics

3925529817_0feb76bdac.jpg

Another "tail" but not a scorpion
3925529821_80ec809276.jpg

3925529833_d0d3ddcc98.jpg

I grew a douglah plant this past season that every pod on it looked like the pod in the first picture. I saved a few seeds and plan on growing them again this year to see if I get the same results

Alan

My Douglahs as well as yellow 7s did not show much pitting or bumps until I placed them back into my hot greenhouse during the summer, which leads me to believe that these varieties really need warmer temps for best looking pods.

Nova..... those Douglash look Fully Sic man!

Mine must be a bit crossed..... probably with some sort of hab or scotchie as they are a lot smoother skinned.

here are some pics.

The pods on this plant are darker in colour.

Douglahdarkclose1.jpg

Douglahdarkclose2.jpg

This plant is producing a more lime green pod

Douglahpalefar.jpg

Douglahpaleclose.jpg

cheers

O man these look cool. I hope mine germinate, because the postman hasn't really been to kind to them. They looked a bit like an ambushed army unit upon arrival: shattered to bits and only 2/5 survived :(
(At least I hope they did. I gave them a medal and a nice place in the seedtray yesterday).

Sounds like an offer I couldn't refuse! Right on. I have a few sprouted from three sources this year, and I can send you some trade goods if all goes well. My first year with them.

Back