• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

I'm in Marlborough stb. Cheers for the offer mate but I've got 50 odd surplus bits and pieces that are 2 -3 mths old. A few of them I'm hanging to find a place for in the hot house.

Bloody hell, I have 10 3 mth old reapers in pb 3/4s that sorely need a home. 10 red bullshorn capsicums, 6 anchos, 6 mulatos, red habs....it goes on and on.

But thank you most kindly for offering dude!

Well im one very happy man, check it out, made it.  :party:   :shh: 
Devils horns, brains & heart + some others not pictured.

20141104_1321131_zps637d616a.jpg

Thanks Judy!

Hey, what else did ya get nzchili?

Hmmm....

I reckon ya could scrape those seeds and make a totally decent curry.

deerdog said:
Hey, what else did ya get nzchili?

Hmmm....

I reckon ya could scrape those seeds and make a totally decent curry.
I also got farmers jalapeno & goats weed, with extra's Aji Habanero, Aji Verde and Cumra Cherry.

I tested some flakes out of the devils brain & horns. Was pretty hot. I soaked some seeds in a shot glass of water this afternoon and I convinced my brother to shot the water hahah

Lol!

The farmers Jalapeño......

I so need that!

Infact, I would have gladly watched the USA kick our ass in Rugby in order to get a half dozen seeds.

Hey Chris...lucky score on the seeds! My last parcel was from Judy with my MOA Scotch Bonnets in it amongst others and was shipped one day after the law changes so they destroyed it....i wonder how yours got by?
By the way , congrats on your first pube...it is special time in a man's life when he finds his first pube growing....

I planted a few of the chilli space seeds and most of them are growing really well. The Thunder Mountain germinated and is about 3 months old now and is about 4ft high already and flowering. It seems the space seeds do grow a lot faster than others. Can't wait to try all of them to see how the flavours and heat turn out.

Rush35 said:
Hey Chris...lucky score on the seeds! My last parcel was from Judy with my MOA Scotch Bonnets in it amongst others and was shipped one day after the law changes so they destroyed it....i wonder how yours got by?
By the way , congrats on your first pube...it is special time in a man's life when he finds his first pube growing....

I planted a few of the chilli space seeds and most of them are growing really well. The Thunder Mountain germinated and is about 3 months old now and is about 4ft high already and flowering. It seems the space seeds do grow a lot faster than others. Can't wait to try all of them to see how the flavours and heat turn out.
haha yea thanks! there's two little pubes now. Its growing up!  :party:
what are chilli space seeds? dont think iv heard of them before
PS - I sent a message to judy before I ordered  ;)

deerdog said:
Lol!

The farmers Jalapeño......

I so need that!

Infact, I would have gladly watched the USA kick our ass in Rugby in order to get a half dozen seeds.
im sure I could spare some, ill check how many I actually have when I get home

a few random pics..
The brown bhutlah is doing well..the a second one has also set a pod or two now. Pods are looking totally different from the ones pictured.
brownbhutlahx_zps99772aa2.jpg

Brown moruga grew a mushroom overnight!
mushroommoruga_zpsbe94e4af.jpg

and heres the turbo pube with a few pods set on it;
turbopubeset_zpsb66078ff.jpg

The space chillies are seeds sent into space by China back in the 80's to monitor disease resistance and growth rate changes from the effects of zero gravity and ozone. They seem to grow bigger and faster than normal. Got a few different Chinese chillies to grow and they seem to perform as advertised.
Thought the claims may be bogus, but i am quite surprised so far. Got the seeds from Jenny Song.

http://www.chilefoundry.com/2013/03/06/china-spice-space-seeds-to-infinity-beyond/
http://www.jennysongs.co.uk/shop/space-chilli-seeds

By the way, i also sent Judy a message with the order to send the mail as a personal envelope as my previous parcel had gone missing. MAF questioned me about the message added to the order and i tried to explain that i was not trying to be sneaky but trying to actually get the parcel i ordered without it going "missing". They got destroyed anyway.....how did you get it right? PM me....

Swampy_NZ said:
Did my first cross today
Yellow Moruga Scorpion male X Choc bhut female.
Hopefuly it sets and we will see what we get next season   :)
Also gunna cross a lot more too
Nice, Hope it set's!
I tried to cross jonah (male) with cayenne female last year with no luck.

Im growing a whole bunch of white and purple capsicums just for crossing. Will use them as female plants, and will use every chinense and annuum as a male donor. Im sure some of them have got to set. And then I'll choose the best combination that hopefully sets and will try and grow them out to F8. Ideally I'd like to see a capsicum sized reaper or scorpion of white or purple colour lol. But I know its an unlikely scenario.

2014-11-06093407.jpg

This is an "Orange boxcar" capsicum that we grew with seed we saved from last years one.....that was in the middle of the Jalapeanos.

icon_think.gif

I'm looking forward to eating it, going to be interesting to see how big it gets.

Back