• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Greenman's SPL Crosses reborn glog.

Thanks to Bhuter for prodding me with his pics of my Crosses, I've decided to grow another round for this fall/winter. Barring any disastrous hurricanes, I hope to get the Pepper band back together as it were.
I dropped seeds from 6 of my crosses (plus Datil) yesterday on a heated tray inside my garage/storage room. If the heat tray doesn't cook them, and with any luck, I should have some sprouts in a few days.
In this batch
(BSxHA)xPB (Lolo) F2, F3
(BSxADY)xGC Sunspot F3
BSxAP Aji Sunrise F4
JBxBJB Jabooty F3, Brown
CDNxGC Sungold Habanero F3
And Datil from Pure Plorida

Depending on how these go, I may drop a few more soon.

I have one or two more crosses left to plant.
56642d0c535a4b00dd704d162f47a63b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yeah, fingers crossed for those hurricanes... 

I have seen my plants survive a hurricane though, and after seeing how they could bend 90° and stand erect again two days later, I got a lot more respect for the pepper plant. But if they would have been carrying fruit at that time, it would have been disastrous...

Good luck!

Well, guess I didn't cook all my seeds, but I did forget I had some soaking in water on my desk, and dumped the glass out like an idiot, they were, in all probability, the only remaining F4 seeds of my Brown Jabooty Bhut x Bird. So now I have only one plant remaining alive to hopefully get more seeds from before I have to go back to the F3 seed stock.
5c6cc3da779c69eba53d1980f5e374e7.jpg

Heeeeey!!!!! Very NOICE!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm late posting this. Here are the 2 crosses of TheGreenMan's that I'm growing.
Aji Sunrise JUST set a pod.
zsYxItO.jpg

wTeFpU6.jpg

SN x PB is quite the addition to my garden. It grows just like a bishops crown, but the pods are slightly lighter in weight.
AYAMJ99.jpg

0jsqDr0.jpg

Thank you, Chris! I can wait for the SN x PB to ripen!

Those are looking great. You're getting some different shapes than I got last year. Looking more like the PB parent, without the white phase. Try some when they've changed to orange and compare to a fully ripe-red one and see which you like better.

thegreenman said:
Those are looking great. You're getting some different shapes than I got last year. Looking more like the PB parent, without the white phase. Try some when they've changed to orange and compare to a fully ripe-red one and see which you like better.

Thank you!!!

I'm excited! Not too sure that a Sunrise will ripen in time, but I love orange pods and I'll definitely try your suggestion on the SN x PB.

:woohoo:

Oh and I just checked because you sent me these seeds 2 years ago........

The SN x PB is labeled F2.

Not sure on the Sunrise.

Likely F3, possibly F4 because I took last year off of growing completely, but I still have some tiny, rootbound 2018 F4 plants which look like 2020 plants. Where the hell did the time go?
I think you sent me some PDN X BMJ f6 Violet seeds back then... Do you have a glog about them?

thegreenman said:
Likely F3, possibly F4 because I took last year off of growing completely, but I still have some tiny, rootbound 2018 F4 plants which look like 2020 plants. Where the hell did the time go?

Out the window.......
Already looking and feeling like fall here.

What was the heat level on the SN x PB?

thegreenman said:
The outer flesh has no heat, the center has about aji Lemon or slightly higher heat. Not much of the chinense genetics survived.

Sounds fantastic!
Mostly Baccatum!
We're both parents red?

thegreenman said:
No the Starañero are orange, From Starfish x Adalberto. The Pimenta Branca were red.
d431f4c9d1998e69ed804b3c5732862c.jpg

Oh, very nice!!!!
Hopefully orange is where it lands for good [if not, I'll pull them early. :)]

thegreenman said:
That pic was Starañero. The SN x PB (Aji Lolo) is red, sweeter, and with far fewer seeds. I stopped growing the Starañero because it was just a ball full of seeds.
1d3d3ef3571873fd02c51971ce068ff3.jpg

They look like red Jobito's.
Does it have Chinense flavor, or mainly Baccatum? (I'm not too keen on Chinense's general flavor/aroma.)

Nice color and pics on both!!!!! :clap:

Temps started dropping here at night to just under 84° and flowers stopped aborting. So I bagged some of my older plants for isolation.
These are all from Dec of 2018. Some were kept in 4" pots for more than a year because I took a break from growing anything new last year.
4b72a5c38a91579f2dc05502cb39e190.jpg
cf40bbd85118e8dfd9459cc5f85b1f8d.jpg
6bbbbe890f241c77bbe13cd5a887c1a9.jpg

I found some more seeds yesterday from another cross I did in 2018. (Aji Pineapple x Jalapeño TAM) x Jalapeño TAM. Backcross.
Started them in paper towels last night.
Let's see what pops.
56301b1b98c96917bc7a8da754f0a789.jpg

Back