• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The HUKILAU

You got it Sick!

The Tiki-Con sounds pretty cool, and why the hell not? If people who like to dress up as fuzzy animals and make out can have their own cons, why not Tiki-philes. ( Tiki-ites?...not sure what to call you people.)

Anyway, yeah, I could dig wearing a Hawaiian shirt, sipping some rum-based drinks and digging the exotic sounds of Martin Denny....

Lots of Tiki joints on the road going to Key West. Love em! I stay away from the rum drinks though..hey I'm a tequila guy!

i've been to some tourist luaus in hawaii and my family has had a few tiki parties...one of which a few of our torches caught on fire and were destroyed. :shocked: i'd say my favorite food at one of those things is the kalua pork! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalua

pretty much the same as pulled pork, but without the vinegar sauce or bbq sauce. its good enough to fly to hawaii solely for that! :mouthonfire:

there is some polynesian restaurant that puts on a show somewhere around here...one of my roommates said it was pretty good, but kinda expensive. i'd like to check it out one day since i have no clue when or if i'll ever be back to hawaii.

xgrafcorex said:
there is some polynesian restaurant that puts on a show somewhere around here...one of my roommates said it was pretty good, but kinda expensive. i'd like to check it out one day since i have no clue when or if i'll ever be back to hawaii.

hey Grafcore, that's the Mai-Kai in Ft. Lauderdale, which is where the hukilau is. Check my link above for the Mai Kai. As for expensive, yes, it is. Last time i was there, between drinks and dinner and the show, i blew around $100 for the night. But it was well worth it. You ought to check it out, bro. Hell, i'll be driving further than you to get there.

ahh ok, i figured it was a link to a place over in or near sarasota. yep, thats it. i probably won't drink that much since i'd have to drive, but i'll still probably reserve that place for a special occasion if its that expensive.

Back