• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

The Learning Continues

Tried again.... less fruit this time. 25 habaneros, onions, roasted garlic, roasted habanero flakes, carrots, vinegar, pineapple juice, lime juice, and salt. 2.9 pH.... Definitely more distinguishable flavors. Definitely hotter, but still maybe just a 5 out of 10. I'll taste it again tomorrow once everything marries up.

8500030729_11b39f544c_b.jpg

8501151269_7c77dd36b0_b.jpg

Holy Crap. I've been scarce... Now you have a green sauce? lol
CJ just happened to have a Butt Roast in the Crock-Pot the day your Red showed up, (I think the one with garlic and wine in it).
HOLY HELL this is good! Thank You Phil for sharing!

file-776.jpg

file-2470.jpg

After 4 Tacos, this was the damage..
file-1856.jpg

Got Dam!

Twas good on my tortilla
A little smoky familia
Pulled Pork and Corn..
LA your sauce was born
I'll tell you now,
I'll tell you latah...

That shit is awesome.

[sub]I've been experimenting with making my own sauce as well and I'm glad to see mine looks a lot like yours, the habanero sauce that is, even though I used all red habaneros it still has that orange color but that's fine with me that makes it stick out from the store bought stuff. I need to find me some of those small bottles and learn how to bottle and seal it up so I can give some away and feel comfortable about not making anyone sick. Right now I make about 3 quarts at a pop and just refrigerate it, I've been told the way I do it is safe as long as it is stored cold. I should invest in a PH meter of some sort I guess so maybe I can reduce the amount of vinegar I use.[/sub]

The pH meter is a good investment. It helps with vinegar measurement and offers peace of mind with the safety of your sauce

You can get the bottles for less than a buck each from specialty bottle supply. They have a website

Back