• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review The Morouga Red Monster Review by JamesC0077

dang that was a huge pepper, can't believe once you felt the surprising heat level you didn't panic at all...least it didn't show on video.
I ate my first pepper just today and i think 5 of them would have fit in that one.
wtg heck of a nice review.

nice size pepper. ive grown 7 pot orig, and jonas that size, brains almost as big, and this first year for morougas and they are all potted so peppers not as large. ive had largest peppers produced from natural growing conditions with organic ferts. but that thing def up there in size...nice job handling the heat...ive eaten every superhot out there and one that size is hard to handle. nicely done! kudos to superhot for an amazing looking pepper!

I have acquired this strain from a Brazilin chili grower who claimed it grows very large pods. This one sure lives up to the billing because all the pods are extremely huge. I was only able to get only one plant from the few seeds he sent me. Lucky me!! My Satan's are not as big, but they produce more pods per plant. I would say this strain is probably more suited for hobbyist type chili growers who likes mega size killer pods.

Yeah this pod should never have been in my mouth all at once...simply dangerous....stomach pain was the worst, shouldn't have tried the pepper on a relatively empty stomach. I hate the fact that it is blurry. My rugged good looks were compromised do to the lack of clarity.

Doesn't everyone like mega size killer pods? :)

Chris

I have acquired this strain from a Brazilin chili grower who claimed it grows very large pods. This one sure lives up to the billing because all the pods are extremely huge. I was only able to get only one plant from the few seeds he sent me. Lucky me!! My Satan's are not as big, but they produce more pods per plant. I would say this strain is probably more suited for hobbyist type chili growers who likes mega size killer pods.

That was one mega size pod, to me it would be perfic to make sauces and powders fewer pods to deal with, but a killer if your just going to eat them raw, when I was young I would just pop the whole pod in my mouth chew it up as fast as I could and swallow in case it was a really hot pepper and follow it with enough food so that it would not burn my gut to bad. Big pods are very hard to do that way as you found out. Now days I have to think about maybe just doing half, if was a big pod like that not so much as the scare factor, but more about choking or having to spit some out just so I could swallow it.
Great Reveiw!

Nice review James, looked like you were really suffering by the amount of sweat on your face.

Just chewing and swallowing that monster would work up a sweat, but yes it was very hot. I enjoyed it, so I wouldn't say suffering...but it certainly kicked in an endorphin rush.

Back