• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The people passed what our elected officials blocked for years

Amendment 2 with over 65% voting yes!!!
https://ballotpedia.org/Missouri_Amendment_2,_Medical_Marijuana_and_Veteran_Healthcare_Services_Initiative_(2018)

We had 3 options on the ballot. One was full of red tape and the other was a proposition instead of an amendment. The one that passed also allows patients to grow upto 6 plants at home. As a chronic pain sufferer that has rare cases of horrible insomnia this is a blessing. I got off hard pain meds years ago just because they can be so dangerous and addictive. I found them surprisingly easy to quit even after years of use.

This obviously is not a red vs blue topic. Our state is pretty much solid red. We even finally got rid of a long time senator that needed to go. Yet we passed an amendment to our constitution that many would think of as a liberal measure. Over 65% voting yes is awesome!!!! No way that could happen here without both sides coming together.

Mainly im just thrilled the people prevailed over elected officials. They should have been voting the way the people wanted. Legalization at least for medical use has been popular for several years according to polls. I love the fact that it also included the ability for growing your own and partially removing big business from the equation. It should at least help with commercial pricing and availability.

We are one step closer now to removing the Federal restrictions. It should never have been classified as a Schedule 1. Thats just stupid.

We (MI) just became the tenth state to legalize marijuana. 10 days after the ballots are certified,(mid December)We can grow up to 12 plants, have up to 10 oz for personal use ( over 21 ). After all the licensing and permits, businesses will be able to sell to the public probably sometime in early 2020.
Time to fix the damn roads and send some money to the schools [emoji16].
I don’t know if I’ll partake in the devils lettuce, but I like the freedom to, if I want to. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah , idk anything about growing and cultivating marijuana [emoji848].

PtMD989 said:
Yeah , idk anything about growing and cultivating marijuana [emoji848].

plant it, grow it (it grows like weeds), harvest it, cure it, incorporate into blood stream by various means.

Back