• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The Perfect Hot Sauce?

DEFCON Creator said:
God Bless You, son.

"the guy cracks a big ass grin and you tell him thanks."

Perhaps you were talking to me? :cool:
If you were in Michigan and were in a mushroom fest in a town called Maton then probably yeah.

DEFCON Creator said:
Nope, wasn't there, but I can tell you I've given many evil grins to my victims.

:raises hand remembering the first taste of zero at Springfield Deathmatch day:mouthonfire::

PhatManDerek said:
Ok I'm looking for a hot sauce that's sweet to taste but yet at the same time no heat until maybe after about 5-8 bites then the heat catches up to you.

So is there any hot sauces around like that?

the list can be endless for what you discribe.
I know people say carrots but I find fruit/honey/white wine vinegar to give that sweet flavor first then the heat kicks in.

if you lived in Australia I could probably introduce you to a guy who makes some good fruit based habanero sauces.
otherwise I personally like mild to wilds stuff and cajohns his ten is probably the best comercial hot sauce I have tasted.

PhatMan...I don't know if you plan on making any sauces with the peppers you grow this year or not but if you do, different peppers burn the mouth in different areas and have a different kind of heat to them...that is because there are five basic capsaicinoids and each one attacks the heat receptors in the mouth at different areas and has a different effect on them. For instance, tepins/pequins will give you an immediate jolt on the lips, front of mouth, while the naga types will give you a delayed burn and attacks from the middle to down the throat....if you are interested in knowing about these different kinds of burns...google capsaicinoids and you will get lots of hits..

I haven't told Creator this but this past september at ZestFest here in Fort Worth, I stood about 20 yards from his booth and watched the people that he and Maggie were giving samples to...was quite a sight...there were several people there that I heard saying that nothing they had tasted had much fire to it...I pointed them in the direction of the DefCon booth and later a couple of them said "thanks man, that zero is the hottest thing they have ever tasted".....

good on you creator...

AlabamaJack said:
I haven't told Creator this but this past september at ZestFest here in Fort Worth, I stood about 20 yards from his booth and watched the people that he and Maggie were giving samples to...was quite a sight...there were several people there that I heard saying that nothing they had tasted had much fire to it...I pointed them in the direction of the DefCon booth and later a couple of them said "thanks man, that zero is the hottest thing they have ever tasted".....

good on you creator...

Thanks man, I'll tell ya, with the 3 big shows we do a year (Albuquerque, Dallas and Ohio), the people on either side of us love the show they get, with endless pain-filled mouths from people who now realize they have to be careful what they wish for. Yeah, last year at Zest Fest was fun, and the guys at Rodak's, the grill people, already told us they want to be set up next to us again, because the entertainment was non-stop.

Perhaps you'll hang with us after the show next time to throw a few back.

DEFCON Creator said:
Perhaps you'll hang with us after the show next time to throw a few back.

count on it...and I may bring some of the superhot samples too...they should be coming off in droves by then...

Thanks guys, Stillmanz I don't live in Australia, but I wish I did, I live in the states couldn't you tell with my crappy grammar?
LOL.

Txclosetgrower said:
Different peppers have different burns, some, like pequins, hit instantaneously and fade fast. Others, like habs have a slow build to an all out burn.

They also affect different parts of the mouth/throat. AJ started a thread awhile back about him trying to create a chili with an overall burn using different peppers. Pretty interesting stuff.

AlabamaJack said:
PhatMan...I don't know if you plan on making any sauces with the peppers you grow this year or not but if you do, different peppers burn the mouth in different areas and have a different kind of heat to them...that is because there are five basic capsaicinoids and each one attacks the heat receptors in the mouth at different areas and has a different effect on them. For instance, tepins/pequins will give you an immediate jolt on the lips, front of mouth, while the naga types will give you a delayed burn and attacks from the middle to down the throat....if you are interested in knowing about these different kinds of burns...google capsaicinoids and you will get lots of hits..

Told you this man knows his stuff. :lol:

Got a link to that thread i was talking about AJ?

Txclosetgrower said:
Also when is that show in Dallas this year Defcon?

September 11-13. If you haven't been to one of these, they are really fun. Especially after the show when we all migrate to a cozy little watering hole.

Back