• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The Perfect Hot Sauce?

DEFCON Creator said:
The reason it's not on our site is it's not offered on their site, so people won't be able to find it online.

Ah! I must have Brian correct this obvious wrong! I'll probably talk with him tonight about it.

DEFCON Creator said:
September 11-13. If you haven't been to one of these, they are really fun. Especially after the show when we all migrate to a cozy little watering hole.

I'll be there. I have a friend who lives in Plano I can crash with.

Plus by then AJ will owe me a beer for whippin his ass in this fatalii grow off ;)

AlabamaJack said:
PhatMan...I don't know if you plan on making any sauces with the peppers you grow this year or not but if you do, different peppers burn the mouth in different areas and have a different kind of heat to them...that is because there are five basic capsaicinoids and each one attacks the heat receptors in the mouth at different areas and has a different effect on them. For instance, tepins/pequins will give you an immediate jolt on the lips, front of mouth, while the naga types will give you a delayed burn and attacks from the middle to down the throat....if you are interested in knowing about these different kinds of burns...google capsaicinoids and you will get lots of hits..

That's pretty interesting. I'm going to look that up.

I don't know if it's the same thing or not, but I have noticed that the powders don't make me sweat like fresh peppers do. I use a fair amount of cayenne powder and have gotten some habanero powder for my b-day awhile ago. Both give an intense burn in the mouth, but they seem to stop there. The only time I really get the sweats is when I'm eating fresh peppers - usually serrano's. I wouldn't mind finding some more info on which peppers burn and where.

Man peppers are cool.

DEFCON Creator said:
Hmmmmm, never heard of a "man" pepper. Don't think I want to ask. :shocked:

The "Man" Pepper ;)

penischillis.jpg

Back