• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The search is over

Finally after 3 years of searching I found a place that sell good quality chinense!

Much to my surprise the source of the peppers are from Trinidad.

5 peppers for 1$ not bad. Next time I go there I'm going to ask the manager if he can order me a full box (if the price is right).

The peppers are very juicy and taste very good with a good amount of heat.
The peppers are not extremely hot, milder then regular habs.

They were labeled as Jamaicans scotch bonnet but they are from Trinidad so I guess they should have labeled them Trinidad Congo.

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

Wow, congrats on the good find. Most I can find here is jals and once in a great while some orange habs that are always way past ripe and not lookin too good. Those look delicious!

Upon further viewing of your pics, it seems as though there are a few different types of peppers there. I know all about pod variation and all that, but some of those look like they have very noticeable differences in pod types.

gardenkiller said:
Wow, congrats on the good find. Most I can find here is jals and once in a great while some orange habs that are always way past ripe and not lookin too good. Those look delicious!

Upon further viewing of your pics, it seems as though there are a few different types of peppers there. I know all about pod variation and all that, but some of those look like they have very noticeable differences in pod types.

Very please with this find. All I had access to was crappy jalapeno and a few italian peppers. One place sold "Jamaican scotch bonnet" (those were clearly orange habs wonder why up here they call everything Jamaican scotch bonnet?) that came from the Netherlands. Tasted like crap!

Looks like 3-4 different kind of peppers in that mix.
I'm going to save some seeds from the ones in the plate.

I said above they were not that hot well.... the heat varies from pod to pod and some were F*%@ real hot! :)
The heat was not typical, it hit mostly the front of the tongue as opposed to the back of the throat with habaneros.

I made 2 cups of sauce with 22 pods :) It's fermenting and will be ready in 6 weeks.

habman said:
Very please with this find. All I had access to was crappy jalapeno and a few italian peppers. One place sold "Jamaican scotch bonnet" (those were clearly orange habs wonder why up here they call everything Jamaican scotch bonnet?) that came from the Netherlands. Tasted like crap!

Looks like 3-4 different kind of peppers in that mix.
I'm going to save some seeds from the ones in the plate.

I said above they were not that hot well.... the heat varies from pod to pod and some were F*%@ real hot! :)
The heat was not typical, it hit mostly the front of the tongue as opposed to the back of the throat with habaneros.

I made 2 cups of sauce with 22 pods :) It's fermenting and will be ready in 6 weeks.
The Scotch Bonnets I get come from Holland and I'd say they are standard Scotch Bonnet heat (yellow ones). I've had them from the Caribbean though which were a bit hotter, there's always the odd one which is extremely hot, I had one that I would put hotter than a Hab. I find it's usually the smaller pods that have the most heat.

Any seeds Left, or Pods left Now?

I saw another post of yours that you were giving away seeds/pods of this pepper. a while ago,from the date I saw..but not to old..so..I figured I'd ask. Got any left? I cant find your direct email address..so I hope you come in to look at your emails and replies to these posts. Cant hurt to ask. If there are any left? Let me know. thank you.

Habman,
Next time you go to that market with the wonderful peppers, could you ask if they would consider selling through the mail? Those peppers look fantastic!

hahahaha why do i drool when i see Pics like this, they look brilliant,, can you ask the dude you get them from to find out what kind they are? its always good to know.
Very nice pics tooo

Those look like Trinidad Morouga Red, Faria and Hood... They are common grown all over in T&T .... I will post some Road sideway pepper stalls soon....

Back