• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The Sriracha Cookbook

I ran across this little book at our local library. It's not bad, has some decent recipes in it. He even has a recipe on making your own sriracha. But the guy kind of lost me on a Spam recipe for Spam fried rice. Sorry, but Spam is disgusting no matter how it's prepared. He mentions Spam Musubi as something to look for in visiting Hawaii. Yeah, well, I lived in Hawaii and have this to say about it: On a chain of islands surrounded by some of the best seafood on the planet, why in the heck would you want eat that sh*t????!!!! I mean, seriously, the war has been over for, what, nearly 70 years now? When I see Spam in a cookbook, it just makes me a bit leery.

Still thinks canned meat has its uses. Googled "Spam Musubi" and it looks interesting. you can't get rid of junk/fast food and every culture has it. you might as well enjoy it.

I would be interested in hearing the recipe for Sriracha sauce if you still have the book.

And yeah, Spam sucks. It's like a greasy gelatinous block of salt.

Omri, every culture has junk food, but that doesn't mean American junk food is especially endearing. Our junk/fast food is crap. Some of it has actual body counts (E. Coli outbreaks killed a number of people at certain well-known burger chains here.) Spam gained its foothold from feeding troops in World War Two. We gave it to the Soviets as Lend-Lease aid during the war. Need I say more? :lol: Nyet tushonka! Paskudnye!

I took the cookbook back to the library. So I don't have the Sriracha recipe anymore, sorry.

Back