• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper

Thats an ok price for it's first time on the market. I'm going to start germinating as soon as they get here and over winter them. If i am lucky ill have fresh peppers during the winter

I don't think so. I dunno how you think $14.49 for 10 seeds is an ok price. It's not like this chile doesn't have competition for growing space and purchasing from people.

with who?pepperjoe still has ad up til it's release. Just wondering?

For competition? Just the massive amounts of other varieties. I'm guessing it's just Pepperjoe selling the seeds atm.

just for thp members we can get the seeds early. him and ed are working together on this, i have talked to Joe on the phone and was told he is going to open and sell to The Hot Pepper m embers before he puts them on the open market.

I bought some Trinidad Moruga Scorpion plants, grew them to about 12" tall and transplanted them outside. All of the other pepper plants produced peppefs the first year but my Moruga Scorpions didn't even flower. Is it common for these super hots to not produce the first year? With all of the peppers I planted the mildest produced first and the hottest varietys produced last. It would seem to make since if the trend continues that the super hots might take more than one season to produce. I live in North Carolina so I don't think it's because the growing season is to short. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Yes one of my Trinidad Scorps has not produced one flower bud or pod. The other one produced one pod and I think I have buds on it. I have to go back out and look. all of my other 15 plants have pods buds and flowers. I don't know what it is. I am in NJ so I don't think its the weather. Not sure

Its not uncommon for a superhot to take 6-7 months from seed to produce pods in a ideal growing situation, even longer in a unideal one!

Thanks guys, that makes me feel much better. Here's another question for you. I got Devils Tongue Red Pepper plants from Jim Duffy and mine are now turning yellow. I hope mine eventually turn red like the example cmpman1974 posted in the thread called
Anybody grown Devil's Tongue Red??

Started by roadhouse, Oct 01 2010 09:16 A

I also have a Devils Breath that has only one pod and it's been a chocolate color now for over a week. I don't know if I should wait longer for it to turn red or if it's the result of cross pollination. I started both of these from plants and both were from Jim Duffy. All of my other pepper plants I've gotten from him have produced what they should. The only exception is my two Trinidad Moruga Scorpion plants.

Most brown pods are the final color in the ripening process, it may get a darker brown, or go bad. Yellow can be a transition color in some peppers, usually light green, yellow/green. yellow. yellow/orange, then to red. Usually takes 2 weeks or less to complete the process.

My brown pod is still brown and my yellow Devils Tongue Red seems to be becoming a darker shade of yellow. I wonder if my Brown pepper is a Chocolate Hab. That wouldn't bother me too much. That bringes up another question; should I wait about 3 weeks total before picking the chocolate colored one just to make sure it isn't the Devils Breath I had ordered?

Back