• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The wait is KILLING ME!!!

jeebus, 5-6 weeks to ripen? I dunno if I have that much warm weather left!

Hmmm definitely gotta figure out how to turn my garage into a pepper grow op so I can plant out some really tall plants once spring is fully in swing next year.

Skyjerk said:
Oh thats just wrong!!! If mine are like that I could still have 2 - 3 weeks to go :(:(:(:(

They are most definitely worth the wait.....even if it drives you to the brink of insanity....like mine did.

klyth said:
I don't know if I have that much nice weather left either.

I'm interpreting "RI" as Rhode Island. If thats true why would you not have
enough nice weather left. Its the middle of the summer.

You should be able to grow at least till the 3rd week of September on the coast and longer inland...

You should have 7 - 8 weeks left...

My 7Pot is sporting its first flowers now and I can't wait to see and taste the first pod! I understand you only too well, AJ.

And I agree with Skyjerk, I am not familiar with RI weather, but I guess you should be doing fine until at least late September, KLyth. And you can always move the plant(s) back under the lights indoors...

Skyjerk said:
I'm interpreting "RI" as Rhode Island. If thats true why would you not have
enough nice weather left. Its the middle of the summer. You should have a good 2-3 months left...

Maybe it's cause we're right on the water, but it's impossible to say. Last year it started to get cold in the third week of August. It could stay warm up to mid October, though. No telling...

I should preface myself by saying this is my first year, so I have no idea what temperatures are tolerable to fruits.

Anything below 10°C for a longer period is harmful except to Rocotos who can stand more cold, but not forever.

night time below 50F or if it is colder during the day???????? how about just 50F for the low temperature of the day...

It is colder during the night (of course :)), so whenever it goes below that it becomes critical, especially when it goes far below that. Most plants can probably stand a night or two with slightly lower temperatures, given that they were hardened off properly. I never lost a plant because it got too cold, but that's properly because I've been over cautious, 10°C however is the rule of thumb for all except pubescens who can supposedly take any tempreature, but that was proven to be wrong - gladly not in my garden! :)

Did my usual pod check before leaving for work this AM and I noticed that
2 of my Naga pods are STARTING TO RIPEN!!!

:hell::onfire::mouthonfire:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!! I have been picking a couple of green peppers waiting waiting waiting for my habaneros to ripen. Seems like forever and finally I have begun to have them start to turn orange. I have only picked 4 so far but at least it is a start. I have some Thais starting to turn too. I think I have picked about 10 or so of them now as they have ripened. My plants are loaded though so one of these days I may actually have a real harvest. (Nothing like yours AJ, but, maybe something more than a few peppers here and there).

Back