• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The Wizard Hot Sauce

Has anyone tried this? I saw it in a whole foods grocer and while it didn't look like it would be particularly hot, it had some unusual ingredients and I figured it would be a hit or miss sauce. I'll probably pick it up when they get my bulk mustard flour in, but I figured I'd see if anyone here encountered it first.

Capt,

No havn't tried that sauce before be sure to let us know how it is.

Can I ask what you use the mustard flour for? We have some coming and we were wondering what to use it for.

Mick
Kato's

Is mustard flour the same as mustard powder?

Can you not make mustard with just the seeds? I far prefer wholegrain mustard to that made with powder.

GreenHot said:
Is mustard flour the same as mustard powder?

Can you not make mustard with just the seeds? I far prefer wholegrain mustard to that made with powder.

Mustard flour and mustard powder are the same. I'm not sure, but I'd guess that even grainy mustards are a mixture of flour and freshly ground seeds. I have a mortar and pestle, but that's not real handy when you are planning on making pounds of it.

Makes sense that it would involve both I suppose, never really thought too much about it before. Surely whole grain mustard would be exactly as it describes though, 'whole grains' I can't imagine they'd need grinding, the seeds in the mustard I have don't appear to be ground. But I can see how you'd still need powder to make it.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Mullet:
Pardon me, could you pass the cheap yella mustard?
5.gif

Back