• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense THe wounderful world of chinense

You're next on my list Stillmanz but I've only got maybe 4 seeds left of the Cili Goronong.
I've got another really cool looking mystery variety that I call the ?mystery vulture pepper or Potawie Wowie but unfortunately its a hybrid and the F2's I grew weren't as impressive (in shape) as the F1. I have an F1 clone and an overwintered mother and I'm also going to try some F3 seeds to see how they turn out.

july24002vu8.jpg

Very cool, Potawie John F is sending me some cili goronong. not sure if its red or yellow but.

Those plants look magic

Ever thought of
moving Down here?
If you lived in OZ you could grow chilli all year round, eat giant prawns, chase tanned women, drink cold beer and let me hangout with you lol

Mick

My buddy is trying to get me to move to Brazil, but Australia sounds great too. They are playing a Australian travel commercial here a lot with a beautiful Aussie girl on the beach and she's really tempting me mate. I'd love to travel or move for a few years but I need to save some money or find some work immediately upon arrival.

is there a particular need for economists in australia? I was planning to work the NAFTA job list after graduation and totally sell out for a couple years but australia has been getting so much more attractive, the only problem is there's no canada/australia PTA that helps me out...
also, what is the crocodile situation? and and the shark situation? and the forest fire situation? and any other situations that an incredibly anxious and nerotic individual would need to know about?

Safest place on earth, I've walked around it for 30 years and never been biten by snakes or spiders (deadly ones anyway) eaten by sharks or crocodiles. the place has alot of cool stuff wildlife etc but its not hicksville either Sydney is a city of world standard, Brisbane has greater sprawl then LA (not necesarily a good thing lol).
Melbourne and Adelaide have the great restuarants .Darwin and Cairns is were the crocks and sharks will get you lol. No there just hot and sticky but really beutiful.

check it out on the net or ask a marine those guys seem to be here every other month.

POTAWIE what do you do? I'm casing jobs for you. lol

stillmanz said:
I just puta trinidad garden in
congopepper
trinis hot cherry
trinidad scorpion
seven pot
got a wet pot system running and just sowed seeds direct.
I never do this but its an experiment.

Just wondering if any of your seeds have sprouted yet....

tony05 said:
I have the same chillis as you by the sounds of it and im very excited. Might put one seed of each in a pot ans one of each in the ground to see how they go. Its a bit cooler down here in the winter so they may not live through the winter and that would be a waste of very hard to get..... precious seeds!

i have considered the posibility of putting stakes around them and wrapping them in clear plastic to heat them through the winter. not sure if this works but i see a lot of seedlings planted by the greenies and council like this... so it nust work.

will give it a go and keep records..... nothing ventured... nothing gained.

cheers

Did you plant any seeds Tony?

Reason I ask is I planted the same seeds as you and would like to compare notes.....mine are 12 days in the ground longer than yours (27 January 2008)

Back