• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

There can be only one

If you could only grow ONE kind of pepper, what would it be and why?

Mine would be NuMex Big Jim because I love stuffed peppers... I would really like one with more heat but if I had to pick just one that would be it ...

The chile I use the most is a Jolokia-type, but I would have to go with Anaheim. why? it would go nicely in salads, as powder, it's big enough to cook all sorts of dishes and I absolutely love roasted Anaheims.

Well as of now it would have to be a yellow 7 pot. Since trying them and getting a pod+ piece at the fest a bit back I can not get enough. I sliced little bits every few days and put it in my food. Very addicting.lol...

I thought about this for way too long..
I decided I honestly could not pick one pepper.
I can think of a dozen things I want a mild pepper for, a dozen for a medium, a dozen for a hot, and a dozen for a superhot.

That is one tough question sir.
If I picked one, I'd miss the others for something else.
:cheers:
Brandon

I would have to say a jalapeno, a good sub for green bell in a trinity, poppers, or slices and left intact some can have a bite. Plus the wife will eat them, so that is why I pick them, for me.... probably Fatali is my favorite, superhots are fun, but not as useful as a fatali for me. Yeah I know it's2 but wife won't tocgh the fatali, hoping i have enough ripe ones by Halloween for a fatali cheese cake for the party.

If you could only grow ONE kind of pepper, what would it be and why?

Mine would be NuMex Big Jim because I love stuffed peppers... I would really like one with more heat but if I had to pick just one that would be it ...

it would be Nu mex heritage 6-4

the best tasting chili.

Thiers only one chili
thats new mexico chili!

I would pick a mild jalapeno. I would use them raw, stuffed, or dried for powder. If I needed to kick up the heat, I would concentrate it in a sauce. I know it's a wimpy choice, but I am thinking more about versatility.

I would have to say the Italian roaster. I grew them one year and I had so many uses for them. Roasting obviously, stuffing, sauces, cut them up and put them on/in almost everything. They are not to hot to mild so it pleases most people in my family and have a great fruity flavor.

I'd probably go with yellow CARDI scorpion, its become one of my favorites for flavor and production. Jalapanos and Numex/Anaheims are on my list too but they're a lot easier to find in stores and markets

Now thats a truly tough one. I would have to say A poblano or Anahiem type. I can wait till its red for a little kick so i dont loose my hot, pick green and not as spicy and i can stuff them :) :)
If not then Jalapeno, no wait Datil, no wait Aji Caballero... lol :):)

Back