PepperDaddler said:
some "cousins"-----

2870036589_76c9f0d870_m.jpg

3472502862_01413062a7.jpg

21th.jpg

1339606.jpg

Caterpillar010-PW.jpg

Hylesgallii5lAlaskaam.jpg

And there are probably hundreds more species...

those caterpillars have been munching on morning glory plants and ended up at a hard trance rave in the woods it looks like..;)

silva83tj said:
Last year I had a big problem with those horn worms, I like to cut the tip of the horn and watch the juice ooze out, then a little bit of gasoline or alcohol and burn baby burn then right before I think they are about to die smash em with a rock :D
I like your style!

I've been cutting them in half with pruners. I'm up to 13 since Monday. I did buy some BT and will commence to spraying after the rain stops. They will eat pods in right at a minute (I saw one starting to munch a pod so I timed it, then cut him down)

Also I read that soapy water sprayed on the plant will make the bastards convulse and fall from the plant and then you can smash em, or cut em like I do.

Been there, done that.

I personally just throw them on the ground and squish them. No time to mess around with those particular types.

spicy_echo said:
I love this worm though :hell:

tomato+horn+worm+with+parasitic+wasp+eggs.jpg

I would love to see a pic of when those actually hatch, or a video.

PepperDaddler said:
Been there, done that.

I personally just throw them on the ground and squish them. No time to mess around with those particular types.

I would love to see a pic of when those actually hatch, or a video.

Not sure how to embed a vid here

i saw that video last week and organic is good and all but the only problem with this method is that once you see/find them on the plant they have probably done a lot of damage.

Best time to find these guys is at night with a led. I start early and check plants every couple of nights. Hard to do with a ton of plants but I only have a couple dozen.

One thing I love about Norway is that we don't have these kind of things here :) Its pretty safe overall and the worst we have is moth on apple trees and aphids 

Back