• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Thinking of Pulling/Pruning and Transferring to Hydro

I have two plants that I supposedly burnt or I think I did and after flushing for the last two weeks, the new growth isn't showing any improvements. I think I may have done something with the soil that's hindering normal growth for the plant.

20131220_162350.jpg

20131220_162412.jpg

I'm thinking of pulling both plants and transferring it to a fresh soil mix and the other in hydro.

Should I try and wait longer or this needs to be done soon? Another friend suggests that I do a really good flush and defoliate the plant leaving just the new growth.

Looks like a calcium problem to me. Could be lock out or just simply a lack of calcium. I would not pull the foliage. It'll take a bit, but the leaves will flatten out. Correcting a calcium deficiency takes time.

Now for my questions:
What nutrients are you using and what strength/ppm?
Are you using bottled water or tap water?
Do you PH your water and to what level?
Are you currently adding a CalMag supplement and if so to what level?
What is your water schedule?

If you've been flushing with water for 2 weeks there's a good chance it's from over watering. Let the soil dry out before watering and you should be good. 

Just found out that my cousin picks mushrooms growing in the containers in the morning!!! He's been doing it for the past 3 weeks. So now I know it's an issue of overwatering and it seems like the spare hydrotons I used as much literally has kept the soil in favorable conditions for fungi to grow (and even FRUIT!).

I've removed the much and I'll see what happens for the next couple of weeks.

Back