• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Thinning Seedlings

PeteyPepper said:
Nice. And stupid hot too :mouthonfire:!!!

Are you going to grow in containers, outside?

I'm container growing. I order a new grow light the other day and have a room in my basement that I've dedicated for indoor gardening. I figure this way I can grow all year round and not get the offseason itch. lol

POTAWIE said:
If you're going to group plant then stick with "survival of the fittest" from the start. Theoretically if you save your fastest, biggest plants' seeds every year, then you you'll be selectively breeding them to be stronger(or at least faster.) Always destroy the runts and don't shed a tear:)

Not "group plant" but "group sow." Sow 100 seeds, transplant the best 90!

Mike

wordwiz said:
Not "group plant" but "group sow." Sow 100 seeds, transplant the best 90!

Mike

I still have 72 plants to work with... I'm gonna do it differently with the super hots tho. I'm gonna do exactly what you just said, only I have 144 seeds planted at the moment in a 72 cell tray. I'm gonna keep most

ExtremeBurn said:
I just finished my first 72 cell tray. There were 2 seedlings in all cells but one... so out of 144 seeds only 1 didn't germinate! They came out pretty easy.... longer root system than I'd thought they'd have, but they were spaced enough in the cells where they didn't have a chance to intertwine.

WOW. I don't get anywhere near that kind of germination with the chinense or super hots. Who's your supplier? That's some damn fine seed.

Diabolus said:
WOW. I don't get anywhere near that kind of germination with the chinense or super hots. Who's your supplier? That's some damn fine seed.

For the Jalapenos, Hot Lemon, and Orange Habs I just pick them up from a local gardener. For all my super hots I get them where ever I can get them lol

Back