• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

This normal for little guys under artificial light?

millworkman

eXtreme
Was noticing over the past few days that the Trinidad scorpion and Bhut's were changing color a bit. Started off getting sort of pale then like over night they turned to this.

This is the scorpion, yesterday and just now.

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

This is the Bhut yesterday and just now.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

Also I have had some pop up new leaves that are quite yellow and some other spots. Any ideas?

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

Might these be burns, hot spots from the mylar?

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

PS loving this macro thing

Here's rule #1 when it comes to plants: You don't F#%$ with the plants. it's already healed, so leave it alone.

millworkman said:
Should I snip the tips off this one?
This might sound crazy, but I always heard that was caused by lack of airflow. Which causes the transpiration to be slowed down.
or-The lights are too hot and the fan is not cooling the plant enough...?
I may delete this post later.

ABurningMouth said:
This might sound crazy, but I always heard that was caused by lack of airflow. Which causes the transpiration to be slowed down.
or-The lights are too hot and the fan is not cooling the plant enough...?
I may delete this post later.

Ha ha I quoted so you cannot completely remove it later. I think, like you said, lack of airflow. That happened before I got the fan installed in the cab. Thanks for the idea.

The leaves of both the aji above and the bhut below feel very rubbery and curl up if you gently roll them. They stay deformed if you touch or move them. Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?

Problems with a bhut

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

Soil is a seed starting mix with 25% vermiculite. Could be over watering, but I do usually let it dry out a bit before doing anything. I guess I will see how it plays out.

Back