• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

This problem is driving me nuts lol

I have a tweed nascar coat with alot of light colors on it.Whites/light greys etc...I look at the damn thing it gets dirty..im almost afraid to wear it..thats a shame cuz I want to..I have washed it in the washer twice even though its not recommended and im starting to see why...is there something I can spray on or whatever to repell the dirt/mess that could happen??? any thoughts are good thoughts lol

Never heard of anything like that, too bad they haven't invented spray-on Teflon yet.

As a quick aside though, those Tide stain removing pens work great.

I have re-edited this to make it easier to understand.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I have a tweed nascar coat... im a shame

There, there, we all have embarrassing things buried in our closets.

* glances around to see if anyone is listening and whispers*

Scotchgard

Take it to your local dry cleaners. tell them what u told us. what you need is probably a solvent fabric protector. Scotchgard dosen't cut it because it is water soluable.

bubbaschili said:
was gonna say scotchgard..........but sauceman set me straight.......never mind.

And besides, I already said it!

*sticks tongue out at Bubba*

Clearly the "Hillbilly" in your moniker is purely honorary, for the rules of engagement between Southern men and Southern women appear to escape you. Were Bubba to do anything so crass, and might I pause to point out that of all the things I might expect Bubba to do, crass just simply isn't even imaginable; but were Bubba to do anything so crass as as to adopt a pose of authority by flashing a badge about, I would look down my nose and say "Dear Fathers, how vulgar!"

And Bubba would assume The Position. The Position, as all true Southern men and Southern women know, is assumed by standing with feet at shoulder width or perhaps a bit wider, arms extended downward, and the hands are clasped in front of the groinal area. The head is bowed, and, softly and mournfully, the man says "Yes, you're right, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking, please accept my humblest apologies."

Hillbilly Chili said:
nascar makes tweed..............anything??? wouldnt that be like owning a "badass french army rifle?":)

lol I just stumbled across this thread again..I always thought it was a type of denim or something but the drycleaners and the nascar store told me that.Any nascar coat thats not leather is made from tweed lol

Back