• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies THP Member's New Movie Release Reviews (Siskel and Ebert style...screw Roeper!)

THP Movie Fanatics - I'm starting this thread so that we can have somewhere to come and find out what's out, what's good and what needs to be thrown on the floor!

The idea came to me because there's a new Will Ferrel Movie out called Casa De Mi Padre and I am wondering if it is worth my time. .

This is how I would like to see the thread work.

List a movie that is out for rental:

Name of movie

Any well known or up and coming actors

Type of movie and it's rating (eg; Action, Drama, Horror)

What you thought of it (Don't give it away, just tell us if it was good, bad, mediocre, suspensful, watch more than once) things like that.

Anything Go's, you just have to have seen it recently (I'd like to keep it to movies that are still available on Redbox or newer movies on Netflix)

Please only comment if you have something to add. I don't think this thread will work as well if it gets filled up with comments and you have to surf through 4 pages to see 3 movies. If you like it, then "Like" the comment that the member has posted. This way we can tell how good a movie is. It will be best to just be able to scroll down the page and see a bunch of different movies and how many "Likes" they have.

Aight, I'm starting off the list with

"BadAss"

Rated R

Starring: Danny Trejo (in the recent movie Machete and a lot of Quinten Tarentino movies)

Genre: Action, Drama

Plot: A Vietnam veteran who becomes a local hero after saving a man from attackers on a city bus decides to take action when his best friend is murdered and the police show little interest in solving the crime.

Review: The movie is a little slap stick, it hangs on the edge of a B list movie....almost made to be stupid. If you like Danny Trejo, you will like this movie. He is always a badass and this movie he goes around kicking a lot of ass. It's got decent comedy relief. It's my style of comedy. Best way I can describe it; it's an action movie with a seriousness to it but has enough comedy and ass kicking in it to make it fun. It's worth at least watching once if this is your style of movie and you like Danny Trejo, you can't go wrong. I might watch it again if it were on at someones house or TV.

Back