• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Threehundredc's Florida garden tour

WEll i guess i will start a little log of what i have going so i can Log it for myself as well as share with You guys so i will take a Pictures along the way

i started my plants from seeds on 6/7  they popped up in like 10 days and grew in that container for a couple more days  that are in a box with aluminum siding and roof with 1 60w grow light  just to keep the box heat up and  getting the seed sprouts to grow sturdy   and the slightly bigger ones are in little pots now

What am i growing?from seeds
few Habanero from a good grow a few seasons ago 
 quite a few Habanero from a Bravo grocery Store
Thai peppers from Clones from a nursury
Jalapeno
Banana peppers hot and sweet
and 'Bravo' scotch bonnets
also a green and red bell

I have 3 Thai plants  in the ground
1 banana pepper in the hanging pot thats been around for about 2 years just "hanging in there"
5 or six some on side some in back yard

the habaneros i got from some pods that looked like these, red one is a Scotch bonnet but these went in a sauce and a Bhut for kick
downsized_0711031251_zps92291e44.jpg

downsized_0710031937_zpsa2f553d4.jpg

THAI^^

and some similar Ornamental i dont know what it is yet
downsized_0710031931_zps94e4f06d.jpg

downsized_0710031701_zps15343458.jpg

i have collected the seeds from 3 of these peppers
downsized_0710031758_zps32afc374.jpg

i want them to stay alive to give me some fruits  if i germinate them now in  mid july under lights for about a month  then in the yard shold be ok in central florida weather by the time it goes out it will start to cool off ..almost

everything looks great :dance:     next time you out my way come get some free plants and pods :onfire:        best of luck with the grow and im following my florida friend :fireball:

your unknown looks maybe like a hanoi dragon?   there are lots of them growing in florida for some reason? the wife has 12 of them :confused:

he had that advertised on craigslist as ghost pepper  hes like yea i got all kinda ghosts with lots of peppers come on down...So i drove to get it and saw these things WTH  was kinda mad they were not  them but i bought it anyways not to bad of a taste

closest ive been to dade city is Webster flea market does a car show on sundays

Alright so i started 2 Red Bhut jolokia in a dixie cup each of fertlized potting mix planted about 1/2 inch in
have more seeds but going to wait for some better seed starting containers all mine are being used and i need special care of this one

here are a few of the mystery peppers picked the other day
downsized_0713031140_zps3485dc32.jpg

downsized_0713031142_zpsc7039c4f.jpg

These are the pods i harvested the seeds from  Bhut Jolokia put about 9 of the peppers that were starting to soften up in the toaster oven for 5 hrs drying came out pretty nice looking never dried them before  put them in a jar for crushing on my next meal
downsized_0713031154_zpsd954f033.jpg

this is a Habanero Mango sauce with a little ghost to kick it up
downsized_0711032055_zpsb4c797b6.jpg

some banana pepper love
downsized_0717031026_zps412dddbb.jpg

this one has 2 black dots on it and the leaves dont look to great but they produce  had a nice orange one on there that went to mush over night .oops
downsized_0717031021_zps22cee93b.jpg

Thai
downsized_0717031025_zps4c6fda27.jpg

they are starting to ripen up  this type is pretty spicy little pepper
downsized_0717031022_zpsd1cec740.jpg

yesterday my first Ghost seed popped up and today another one! yes  planted then on 7/13  today on the 24th they are sprouting  i was expecting longer  i plucked a double pop up habanero  and another one just wilted and died over a 2 day period  but thats why i grew more ,it happens 

here is a little idea of how my seedlings are getting started
downsized_0724031526_zps161ac71e.jpg

downsized_0724031528_zps3bdc3f21.jpg

ok so i have some updates to post up but i have to take some pictures of the plants and garden to show you later, but i came to update, the Hormworms are Back  haven't seen them in a while just baseball batted 3 off my tomatoes  and watched em fly across the road

Threehundredc said:
ok so i have some updates to post up but i have to take some pictures of the plants and garden to show you later, but i came to update, the Hormworms are Back  haven't seen them in a while just baseball batted 3 off my tomatoes  and watched em fly across the road
You need to practice your swing, mine explode on the bat when I make contact!   :dance:

planted about 10 Habanero 10 scotch bonnets to the garden  and moved 8 ghost seedlings outside in bigger cups to make room for new seeds.  i have a seed starter tray one with 100 slots and one with 72 all ghost peppers the 72  has popped about 49 ghost seeds up with new ones popping every day  they are about a week old under shoplight dual grow bulbs, and a lamp with grow light bulb in it .   have a Habanero and a Thai in upside down planters but the mushroom compost is leaking brown water when i water it  all over the plant making the leaves mushy so who knows if that will work out  but something is up wit a Habanero in the ground its leaves are just layin in the dirt wilted right inbetween 4 others that are all fine

^^ yea there was a trail of green goo flying behind them

downsized_0805031443_zpsa156c0b5.jpg

starting to get some color in the baskets

The ghost pepper tray of 72 has all but 4 and they can still come out any day they are doing great for seedlings nice n strong looking i have another 100 tray that has 12 showing so far  I have no idea why i planted so much my garden isnt that big..anyways
  Then in another tray i had rows of 7 up and down by 15 wide  
 so i put
5 rows of seeds from my best scorpions
1 row Aji lemon
1 row Chocolate Habanero
2 rows of good banana peppers
1 row jalapeno
1 row Hot Cherry
1 row cayenne
1 row green bell
1 row red bell
1 row (what i call) dead river pepper cus thats where i got it 
and put a seed starter lid over it

*CAN anyone name my 2 ornamental pepper plants above they are not Thai like ive been calling them because the leaves are wider look kinda different

yep its got me  , i see everyone with Baskets n buckets full every pick  when normally i would get 5 or six   so this year im doing it BIGger than before

Got some roots shooting out the bottom already were out in the sun but now back in for the storm and night
ALL Ghosts  first sprout was july 25
downsized_0807031822_zpsd0a8d5f4.jpg

wanting to try a Publix (fabric grocery bag) to compare to a potted one  plus they are big   everything is too small to go in that size container except habs and SBonnets  dont wanna waste it on a banana guess ill wait

Today i separated  my  scotch bonnets that were  multiple plants in each pot  had 5 in one container  3 in one and 2  in 2different pots   so i split them all into there own pot safely by washing the dirt away from the roots and gently untangling the roots went successful , then there was 1 Habanero i noticed that had 2 in it one was real small the other pretty nice size  so i took the big one and moved him to a PUBLIX grow bag  never used these before  hoping it goes like ive seen bigger and better than a plastic pot
then it started POURING i hadda run all around the yard grabbing the pots and bringing them on the porch  or they woulda all died quick

going to get some visuals for you guys  but they arnt looking to photogenic after that storm  ill go out n see what i can get with my camera phone

OK GUYS  here is what you want to see .The Garden setup..The plants..and a few basic pods ..

Lets Start the Tour by the front door  i have 2 plants one Hot cherry and one..UH idk what ornamental  bought it from a guy on the dead river in Tavares so i call em dead river peppers  but if someone could identify them..

then you go around the corner to the back gate before you hit the back yard  this little bed i just added this year been here 19 years never grew anything on this side..[/URL]
that side of the house is East so it gets all the morning sun 
Habanero from that bed
after you come thru the gate we have a compost pile covered up then  our little pond waterfall for the goldfish and surrounding plants

then you have a cucumber and garden bean trellis 

this is the scorpion,lemon,choc hab, jalapeno,cherry cayenne banana starting up  that i mentioned in above posts

then there is the last of the 2 hanging plants i have habanero..

Habanero section

habs,and scotch bonnets all the pots are just layed out i have to take them in with this summer crazy rain storms or they  would all be dead after one day of rain

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/m...4-31785-000012AC562772A5_zps05683121.jpg.html
Whats the deal with my banana pepper leaves??

this plant  pods are looking funky  too kinda has the corked texture like a ripe jalapeno

then you have on the other side of the house in the back yard i have  two under the hanging banana  same as the big one in the front yard .. ANY IDEAS ON THE NAME? goes green to red no yellow or orange in between, low heat

i bought em from the guy with the stocks all bare like that idk what happen bugs i guess..

some pods off the front yard one to identify
and one has never lost its yellowing veins in the  leaves?

then after you walked around the house you make it to the west side  where the sunlight is most of the day

is it bad i dont know half of my peppers i grow  these are the ones i called thai but for sure are not. these go yellow orange red ripe wide leaves darker green higher heat than the other kind and just grows like crazy

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/m...9-31785-000012A884CA5EDF_zps0aedb6c3.jpg.html

Few pods on the side yard

Banana pods

EGGPLANT

it usually is the main focus in the garden the Jalapeno but this season i only have 1 actual plant  but 7 more germinating

Here we have 105 ghost seeds getting started

then we go to the main grow spot but it gets HOT so i have a shade cover over this bed  that is only attached to the rear posts and tossed over when its too HOT(why it looks so loose)  the marigold flowers i use as a little shade spot too  they are getting a little over grown i want to remove them but my dad says they are great for the garden., idk  taking up pepper spots!

inside there is a tomato plant that just recently got attacked by the hornworms so its lookin rough,, thats all that has been up here in this heat and my little plants they wouldnt do so good  waiting a few more weeks to plant here..

in the white cups i have some slightly bigger ghosts and a bean in the corner in the cage was burning reason i brought out the cover again. but after the rain today i moved them all out to this area few scotch bonnets few habaneros  and 72 MORE ghosts biggest ones i have so far

a shot looking back at the 3 beds  my Publix grocery grow bag is behind the AC unit right next to where it drips out water the bag sits on the wet dirt next to it should keep the roots goin

before today all the pots on the first side garden and this last raised shade bed have been empty they were in the back yard which has tree coverage  i want to climb it and cut them down!

so they should pick up on growth pretty soon with the new sunlight

one the 175 ghost come up and the rest of my regular pepper varieties i should have a good grow season even tho im LATE starting i have confidence they will grow thru the florida "winter"

Well a little update i have some pictures from about 2 weeks ago  of the beds n pods forming
downsized_1022031624_zpsaecf4260.jpg

im guessing these are scotch bonnets they are light green then a nice dark orange  the pot with the blue sticker is the Reaper seed i started from a member here

do they look right?
downsized_1022031627_zpsaec425ca.jpg

downsized_1022031629_zpsf1151900.jpg

downsized_1022031640_zpse21191ee.jpg

downsized_1022031626_zpsee436a6f.jpg

and here is a sneek peak at my Ghosts they are poppin up all over the place looking true n tasty

downsized_1104030741_zps7d5ce2bb.jpg

Well I still have about half of these plants..few didnt recover thru the freezing n raining n hot days all at once but. Im recovering.
Habaneros on the side of the house are about 5 feet. Tall popping a basket of pods a day ghosts haven't done much its too hot. Everything in the back yard is alive m growing..but. thats about it

Back