• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

We all knew Booma was the best burger maker here, now it is official.  Plus he has a thumb ring.  No wonder the TB has such a man crush. No homo.  Anyway, congrats ya stinkin' Aussie.  Shout out to MM for making the final in two categories!  And GM, way to kill it with those sliders.  I would have never believed that sous vide would win a crown, but you did it!

grantmichaels said:
Thanks. I've only made sliders twice in my life - and both times were TD's. The first time I made 6 or 8 sliders on the baking steel griddle on the Weber and missed the submission time by (apparently) seconds.

Oh wow. Vindication! I forgotssss. That makes it even sweeter.

The Hot Pepper said:

Oh wow. Vindication! I forgotssss. That makes it even sweeter.

They were very tasty.

I want briquet flavor in a burger I'm going to call my favorite, though.

I know that for true, because I made those previous one's on the Weber on the 1/4" SS griddle (kettlepizza baking steel lid), and the flavor for having been cooked w/ wood brought out things in the PLF beef that I didn't experience cooked in the sous vide + pan.

I was pinned down to nighttime, though, and I'm not really cool w/ BBQ'ing (TD-style, especially) in the middle of the night for the sake of my neighbor - who I believe sleeps 10-12' from the pit area ...

I will make another batch in the sous vide, and finish on the chimney or grill one of these days ... I think that will be the ultimate combination ...

Actually, the pinnacle PITA version is supposedly to put the patty in the freezer for 20 mins, then Searzall it, and then vac pack it and sous vide it, and then sear it off on the grill ...

Maybe I'll do it once.

Those little Hawaiian rolls are pretty dope ... I don't prefer the potato rolls for beef burgers, but I do like those for chicken, fish, and am neutral about pork on them ...

Anyways ...

I can't find the BGE thread atm, so I will ask this here.  GM, I know you have the Acorn Kamando or whatever it is called.  Do you like it?  Seems to me like it is the same thing for about a third of the price.  I saw one today for $288.

JayT said:
I can't find the BGE thread atm, so I will ask this here.  GM, I know you have the Acorn Kamando or whatever it is called.  Do you like it?  Seems to me like it is the same thing for about a third of the price.  I saw one today for $288.

Yes.

I think it's a very good grill for the cost.

As long as you look at it that way, it's great.
I can tell you that I would pick up a Yoder or similar heavy duty offset before I bought a ceramic ...

It's a great replacement for a gasser ...

It is not a replacement for a WSM/UDS/Offset, though ...

What happened to "I don't care about the reviews, I've always wanted a BGE and that's what I'm getting!"

If I got that right gimme $100.

The Hot Pepper said:
What happened to "I don't care about the reviews, I've always wanted a BGE and that's what I'm getting!"

If I got that right gimme $100.
bungalow_flooring-surfaces_100_dollar_bill_runner_17x40-20228021740.jpg

Back