• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds THSC Chocolate Bhut - Germination time

I didn't get mine from THSC, but mine seemed to take longer and have a less successful germination rate, than regular Bhuts. I had a 90% germination rate with the Bhuts and 30% with the Chocolate Bhuts. They definitely took longer than 2 weeks somewhere in the 3-4 week range for me.

I got a few from another member and of the six I planted four came up in about two weeks. Only two have survived past the initial poke through the surface.

I ordered some more from the Hippy and nothing yet after a week.

Need to correct myself. It's been 10 days since I planted the Choco Bhut Jolokia seeds obtained from the Hippy. Happy to say I found one peeking out of the soil this morning. Woo freaking hoo baby!

I haven't a problem waiting, just checking people's weren't coming up in a week. All my other seeds are up now including yellow 7's from THSC.

Thanks for the replies.
Chris

I planted 3 Choc. Bhut seeds from THSC on 2/24/2010 and I have one starting to come through the soil today (11 days).

Alan

Still nothing. Chucked another seed in for good measure (3 in the Rockwool cub now).

Be 3 weeks this Saturday. :(

I actually culled one today :) surprisingly it is growing fast have patience it is worth it sorry you aren't having luck though I hope they come through soon though good luck!

I decided to pre soak a few and see if that would help. I stuck five seeds in a wet paper towel and kept them in a warm spot for a couple of days then stuck them in coco coir and kept temps around 80F/27C. First two came up in seven days and the next two came up today at 11 days.

Meanwhile the second round of Choco Bhut seeds was planted on February 24th and none of them have come up yet. I'm getting ready to start the fourth round of them and they're going to be soaked for a bit first.

here is how i got them to go for me. I had them in a paper towel ohhh probably about 2 weeks and when i seen some mold starting to grow i put them in soil and got like 2/5

4 Weeks and one is starting to show! I don't know if its the original 2 seeds planted 4 weeks ago or the extras I added a week/ 10days ago?!!!

Congrats! This is one that I am probably looking forward to the most seeing as how it took so long to start. My first planting was in the soil for nearly 6 weeks and got nothing, replanted with fresh seeds and they took 3 weeks to come up and are growing nicely now. Just repotted the first one yesterday.

jacob

I've started with 10 seeds last December (from Hippy seeds) and first two emerged after 10 days and other 5 within next week - propagator was on aquarium with steady 28C.
First two platns are about 50% larger than other and they are already planted outside.

Back