• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest TIE-BREAKER! New Year New Food Throwdown

Who did the best challenging themselves with a new dish, and pulled it off... the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
screw everyone i made the best dish ever seen. My pics are dope and i run with Raquel Ray;tainT. 

i-dont-always-lose-the-game-but-when-i-do-i-become-a-sore-loser.jpg

sicman said:
My pics are dope and i run with Raquel Ray;tainT. 

Danielle just put one of her shows on a couple of nights ago ...

5x meals in 47 mins - that's my kind of pace ...

Watched her peel a piece of ginger w/ the side of a teaspoon in less time than it takes me to find the paring knife in the drawer ...

After going back and forth for several go-rounds I had to finally go with the crab.  I love both of these entries, but I have seen crab made this way on tv and have always wanted to try it.  I am so impressed with all the entries on this throwdown.  

sicman said:
screw everyone i made the best dish ever seen. My pics are dope and i run with Raquel Ray;tainT. 

i-dont-always-lose-the-game-but-when-i-do-i-become-a-sore-loser.jpg

You had....and still do....have my vote!

But since you aren't an option......I should break down the two options by what I would want to have as an easy dish during the 4th round of Wimbleton if I was wearing a wet suit while being chased by a rabid badger.....during a full moon.

:rofl:

:rofl:

I was really, really impressed with the entries this month.  I want some of Sicman's shrimp, and definitely some of geeme's chicken n naan.

I just bought wonton wrappers and ground pork at the store today.  CJ, sorry chica, but Hanks only has square wrappers in the refer section.  Didn't see any in the freezer.  I won't be cutting out circles like zdecker did!  :lol:

Your confused?

I find myself having voted for food I would never order, and maybe not even eat, for a person I've not really communicated much if ever with ...

Over food that's one of my favorite things to eat, made by a person who I like and have communicated relatively more with ...

All to not live in a world I made up where TD entries are photographed on paper plates and foreign food is finished with American cheese ...

Because it makes me feel bad to know JT bought a plate for that very reason ...

And all of this while having made diner food, myself ...

It's all so hypocritical and whack that I'm just going to unfollow the thread and pretend try to forget that I contributed the most to it ...

Wow, just ... wow ... congratulations to the winner, though! ...

ds 3_0.jpg

I could go for a bowl of that  Blue Crab  chili style stew...with a some crusty bias sliced bread......and heck, one of those Foster Lagers that Stickman showed in his dish.

That's a meal !

Pot Stickers are great finger food appetizers.........I make them,.....kind of different, though

grantmichaels said:
Your confused?

I find myself having voted for food I would never order, and maybe not even eat, for a person I've not really communicated much if ever with ...
Over food that's one of my favorite things to eat, made by a person who I like and have communicated relatively more with ...
All to not live in a world I made up where TD entries are photographed on paper plates and foreign food is finished with American cheese ...

Because it makes me feel bad to know JT bought a plate for that very reason ...
And all of this while having made diner food, myself ...

It's all so hypocritical and whack that I'm just going to unfollow the thread and pretend try to forget that I contributed the most to it ...

Wow, just ... wow ... congratulations to the winner, though! ...

attachicon.gif
ds 3_0.jpg
I don't take downers, but if I decided to, I'd read this post instead.

You know, too many peeps seem to forget a KEY ingredient in TD's - THEY'RE FOR FUN, FOLKS!

Yes, we all have a little competitiveness in us, or we wouldn't enter the competition. Ok, I (at least) am VERY competitive, but I try to focus on the food and fun for these (who else has set a hot dog on fire AND sculpted a nude "Venus" out of sausage???) That, and learning something new or trying something new every time - I can honestly say I've never made any of my TD entries before I made them for a TD. So yeah, vote as you will, but be sure to keep a dash of humor while you're at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back