• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest TIE-BREAKER! New Year New Food Throwdown

Who did the best challenging themselves with a new dish, and pulled it off... the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TIED!!!!

The ebb and flowww here we gooooooo!

SL - let me know how the square wrappers turn out!

I'm totally not opposed to cutting circles out of squares tho. One li'l puff and I'd probably cut them into snowflakes.  :rofl:

geeme said:

:beer: ?

:lol:

No I'm commenting it is tied but there was a huge lead at one point.

Chile Juju said:

I'm totally not opposed to cutting circles out of squares tho. One li'l puff and I'd probably cut them into snowflakes.  :rofl:

Snowflakes?!?!???  Like we don't have enough of those around here already!!!!  :rofl:

I was seriously eyeballing the eggroll wrappers though, which were about 3x the size of the wonton wrappers...... :think: ...  those would make nice circles.  I think I'll just do the 4-corner pinch the wonton package shows.  :)

Hurry, someone else vote for the Potstickers to tie this up again........Seafood is great but the potstickers looked better.

salsalady said:
Snowflakes?!?!???  Like we don't have enough of those around here already!!!!  :rofl:

I was seriously eyeballing the eggroll wrappers though, which were about 3x the size of the wonton wrappers...... :think: ...  those would make nice circles.  I think I'll just do the 4-corner pinch the wonton package shows.  :)
No circle cookie cutters or an empty can?

Scoville DeVille said:
No circle cookie cutters or an empty can?
it's not for a TD Win, (prolly end up in the Drunken Chef)...so no circle wrappers.  Wouldn't want to wast the trimmings and prolly won't be in a mood to make cinnamon crispies... But Hey!  ya never know! 

zdecker's post has been so inspirational, who knows?

my thoughts exactly zd

edit: you can also go mini egg roll style - or the very similar but slightly different burrito style.  

I like potstickers. I love them fried and always order them on the occasions I get Chinese takeout. The ones zdecker made looked great but being from the east coast I love crab. Picking and catching blue crabs every summer all summer is and has been a part of my life since I was a kid. I've always wanted to try chilli crab after seeing it on so many cooking/travel shows like Andrew Zimmern's and Anthony Bourdain's to name a couple.

Everyone who posted did some damn fine cooking  :clap:

Thanks, zdecker!  Those look easier than the 4-winged packets they show on the wonton package. 

OK- so as not to be ACCUSED of hi-jacking another thread....  :lol:

Back to the TD!

Look at zdecker!! Now he's a potsticker pro! The beauty of these TDs... :)

salsalady said:
Thanks, zdecker!  Those look easier than the 4-winged packets they show on the wonton package. 

OK- so as not to be ACCUSED of hi-jacking another thread....  :lol:

Back to the TD!

Chile Juju said:

But but... she mentioned pot and coke... lol!

uuuuhhhmmm..... :?:  ...I don't see any reference to ROOT BEER or PEPSI in those posts.  :shrug:

:lol:

grantmichaels said:
Your confused?

I find myself having voted for food I would never order, and maybe not even eat, for a person I've not really communicated much if ever with ...
Over food that's one of my favorite things to eat, made by a person who I like and have communicated relatively more with ...
All to not live in a world I made up where TD entries are photographed on paper plates and foreign food is finished with American cheese ...

Because it makes me feel bad to know JT bought a plate for that very reason ...
And all of this while having made diner food, myself ...

It's all so hypocritical and whack that I'm just going to unfollow the thread and pretend try to forget that I contributed the most to it ...

Wow, just ... wow ... congratulations to the winner, though! ...

attachicon.gif
ds 3_0.jpg
so your completely nuts huh? Get some sleep or something....:)

i want some of theses cinnamon crisppies peepes be talking about. Remember when taco bell had them? Thats like when Batman was played by mike keaton.

sicman said:
i want some of theses cinnamon crisppies peepes be talking about. Remember when taco bell had them? Thats like when Batman was played by mike keaton.

Sopaipillas? 

"Cinnamon Crispas" at Taco Bell back in the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back