• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tiger Sauce!

Sounds like a pretty good sauce. I would recommend trying some of the ingredients individually, so that you get a taste for them, and will be able to pick them out more easily. Worcestershire doesn't actually have anything to do with horseradish. From everyone's favorite site:

The ingredients of a traditional bottle of Worcestershire sauce sold in the UK as "The Original & Genuine Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce" are malt vinegar (from barley), spirit vinegar, molasses, sugar, salt, anchovies, tamarind extract, onions, garlic, spice, and flavouring.[sup][8][/sup] The "spice, and flavouring" is believed to include cloves, soy sauce, lemons, pickles and peppers. [wikipedia.org]
But, keep it up. You do good reviews. And don't mind sicman... he has been watching too much southpark. :)

Love Tiger Sauce - their label is awesome and was a partial inspiration for me in its simplicity & that it's a really iconic image...it's a really great graphic.

It's a really, really flavorful & really really mild sauce. It's not so much a hot sauce as a spicy-sweet steak sauce. It's not the most versitile as it has a very distinct flavor that IMO doesn't work with everything, but when it does work (steak! Meat!!!) it's terrific. But it can clash with say, Mexican foods that already have a distinct flavor.

Good review - and good suggestions from the peanut gallery - remember, THP members know their shiz...and among our ranks are sauce fans, sauce makers, pepper growers, food distributors, reviewers, etc, feedback should be taken constructively - we can all improve at our craft. Maybe think about how to convey the entire experience. Read through LGHT & JayT's reviews - learn to speak the same language - learn wht to taste for. remember, we the viewer cannot taste what you're tasting, so we want to know more than "it's good" or "it's sweet and a little spicy" - that's the tip of the iceberg. Describing the "notes" of flavor, mouth feel, afterburn, the character. Do you taste a specific veggie or fruit? Do you taste the flavor of whatever peppers the sauce is repping? Was it hot or tasty or both at presentation? Did the heat build or fade quickly? Were your lips burning afterward? Did the heat/flavor have good balance? Too sweet, too salty? Too vinegary? Was it thick or thin? Did it have a reducer? Did it nee one?

Those are the things that will make these reviews more beneficial to the audience. Plus it's more respectful as a reviewer - remember, you're giving feedback on something that likely took someone years to develop & a ton of time & $ to bring to market. You still may not like the product when all's said & done and that's ok -, but IMO you owe it to the company/product to give a quality review in universal "foodie" terms.

It's missing in a LOT of reviews out there. Anyone can be a critic - just takes a video recorder & youtube. But it takes work & effort to really review something. :cheers:

Nice selection of sauce to review though. Since you like the Tiger sauce, give Pickapepper sauce a try...I find them to be similar in character. :cheers:

Way to go! You're growing them! You had me at Red Savina. Baby that one.
It's very cool to see young people doing their own thing, and developing your own tongue for your own flavor.
BTW, it's pronounced Worschestchrshire, let it roll off the tongue....
You are the future chef of America.

Tiger sauce is drinkable, and I got that from your review, you could have drank it too. I like it tho.
It's good sauce, and there are many more out there. Go find more! Review away, lil bro, and yes... Please get a haircut!

Back