• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Tilapia Fillets Marinated in a 22 hot sauce medley!

So, in attempting to expedite the thinning of my hot sauces that are opened at the moment (about 120 bottles...), I decided this morning to pick out a bunch of them and combine them, along with some superhot pepper halves, into a saucepan and marinate some Tilapia fillets in them! Here is the rundown of the sauces I used, which totaled about a half gallon or so, roughly:

01-Kalahari's Rhino Peri-Peri
02-Dat'l Do-It's Desert Heat Chipotle
03-Dat'l Do-It's Tropical Jalapeno
04-Dat'l Do-It's Datil Fire
05-Tabasco Garlic Pepper
06-Tabasco Green
07-Blair's Golden Death
08-La Victoria's Salsa Brava Hot
09-La Victoria's Green Taco Sauce
10-Tuong Ot's Sriracha
11-CaJohns Queen Of Farts
12-Taco Bell's Mild
13-Taco Bell's Hot
14-Marie Sharp's Sweet Habanero
15-Try Me's Tennessee Sunshine
16-Frank's Sweet Heat BBQ
17-Coastal Cocktails' Spicy Hot
18-El Yucateco Habanero Red
19-Ass Blaster
20-Ass Kickin' Cajun
21-Ass Kickin' Wasabi Horseradish
22-Ass Kickin' Roasted Garlic

In addition to these, I tossed in some halves of Peach Habalokia, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, and Morouga Scorpions. It's in the oven as we speak, so I will update as I try it. Starting to smell pretty tasty up in here!

All right, so upon eating the fillets last night and right now, I can say that they are awesome! The vinegar solidified the texture, so it's flaky and delicious, but still tender and juicy. The spice comes through perfectly, and no one sauce can be detected. Just an awesome blend of seasonings, moderate heat, and the flavor of the fish itself still shines through. I will definitely use the leftover sauce for a future batch!

Back