Tired of Thai

it's important to have variation or you get tired of one meal very easily. I cook something different every night, Australia really has a poor take away food record compared to London.

it's important to have variation or you get tired of one meal very easily. I cook something different every night, Australia really has a poor take away food record compared to London.
As you know, In Indian dishes,our variation is in the main dishes and heat is in the form of Green chilli peppers and red chilli powders.

I can't imagine getting tired of Thai! I make it often, several different dishes, and it never grows old. Of course I make Mexican, Italian and "American" foods too...

I live in the armpit of the country.....therefore, I don't have access to authentic ethnic cuisine of any type. The eating establishments around here are of the cookie-cutter type (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesdays, O'Charleys, etc.) and quite boring.

The best food in the area is BY FAR the meals I create in my own kitchen. I never ever use recipes and don't have access to many "regional" ingredients. I'm quite surprised that I ever have a contender in the throwdowns because of that.

I'd LOVE to have some good Thai food.....or any other type for that matter!

Tired of Thai food, you should come to Nowhere Missouri, with in a week you'd be crying for a little sticky rice. I have forgotten what real Thai or even Indian food taste like and forget about Vietnamese food. Not even a decent Mexican food place withing 70 miles.
George W.

Tired of Thai food, you should come to Nowhere Missouri, with in a week you'd be crying for a little sticky rice. I have forgotten what real Thai or even Indian food taste like and forget about Vietnamese food. Not even a decent Mexican food place withing 70 miles.
George W.
You're not too far from Ft. Leonardwood. They have several good Korean restaurants there. There's a half-way descent Thai here in Lake Ozarks but to tell the truth I cook Thai better. :)

Get "The Encyclopedia of Cooking Thai" from Barnes and Noble. It's out of print but it's one of the best Thai cookbooks. You'll have to grow your own basil, kaffir lime and lemon grass.

I rarely do Thai food. When I do, I usually order extra hot chicken Pad Thai. For heat, I request extra extra hot - something like 6 or 7 stars. When I get my dish and start eating, it's not 6 or 7 heat level, and add more chili sauce. I haven't yet had a pad Thai hot enough for my liking.

Now, there's a teriyaki restaurant in Duvall, Wa, that when I request extra extra hot, they deliver! Last time I ate there and ate extra extra "hot as you can make it" chicken teriyaki, I was extremely happy. The heat was intense :hell: When I left the restaurant, I was nearly hallucinating!

Back