• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tolemans NFT Hydro

Mines the 250w version which is ok but when it blows im going to get so hid lighting.

Depends with ec. mine are about 1.00 but with a low starting value. it relates to General Hydroponics 3 part nutrients(20ml grow, bloom and micro in 20 litres).

General Hydroponics doesn't give you ec values to maintain and gives you amount in ml to add at different stages. If you record the ec once doing that then top up to suit during the week.

I told my mum about how fast they were growing and she compared it to 'intensively grown chickens'
(you know the ones that are packed in a barn and go from egg to ready in 42 days)

Looks like they finally hit that growth spurt you were talking about earlier--congrats.

You starting to feel more comfortable working in hydro?

Ok I see what you mean, but here on Swiss we have very 'hard' water meaning the EC value starting is already quite high but I guess I'll just take the measurement after the nutes are added then use that value as the benchmark. Another thing, I read somewhere else that durin veg stage it should be 2-2-1 (micro, grow, bloom) and 2-1-2 during bloom. I think I have the same instructions you have where they say equal parts of all but I found a pic on 'instructiblrs' website where a guy is using the same 3 part GHE nutes but has different instructions showing the above quoted values during the different stages, will post a link later, I'm on my phone now do it's a mission pasting links...
I suppose it worked so well for you maybe it's correct afterall, that's the mix I've been using too but my growth has also been slow...

We shall see, I'm hoping for that growth spurt. Awesome work.

Cheers

Nice looking plants, ripe pods aren't to far off.

Toleman said:
I told my mum about how fast they were growing and she compared it to 'intensively grown chickens'
(you know the ones that are packed in a barn and go from egg to ready in 42 days)

Yup, raised 2 dozen of em 2 years ago (Cornish X Rocks) and it was amazing how fast they grew. Dressed out between 5 and 7 pounds and sure were tasty and very tender. :)

Thanks everyone.

Patrick - Im starting to get a good understanding of how things go now and generally don't worry about them anymore whilst at work. :lol:

Nilsen - I have very hard water too and since switching to rain water, I have seen better results. I had to go get a bottle of soft water 'micro' though and some ph up. Mine were slow under the 250w cfl but since going into full sun and a humid greenhouse they shot up. As far as ratio's go, Willard uses the 3 part and uses all in equal parts with good results. He also uses low ppms.

Silver - In britain there has been a tv show of a man who set up an intensive barn and free range side and showed the public the results. The intensive side was packed 17 chickens per square meter and they found lots with foot problems and therefore were culled. The man then apprached supermarkets to show the findings and to stop this but the supermarkets have to support the people with lower incomes.
http://www.blogthebest.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/broiler.jpg

Jungle - Cheers mate, its always nice when everyone tells you your doing well.

Pic of the only two scorp pods from a couple of weeks ago. Might give the tree's a trim soon...
Picture090.jpg

Toleman said:
Silver - In britain there has been a tv show of a man who set up an intensive barn and free range side and showed the public the results. The intensive side was packed 17 chickens per square meter and they found lots with foot problems and therefore were culled. The man then apprached supermarkets to show the findings and to stop this but the supermarkets have to support the people with lower incomes.
http://www.blogthebest.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/broiler.jpg

Yeah, that's the difference between mass produced and homegrown. My Cornish X Rocks had at least 1 sq meter per bird and were raised for 6 weeks on a bed of wood shavings. And like homegrown vegetables the quality far exceeded anything you could buy in a store. Southern fried or rubbed with a spicy pepper rub and cooked on a rotisserie, the flavor and texture were unbeatable.
My 12 laying hens live in a 725 sq meter fenced area; I guess you could call that free range. :)

Silver_Surfer said:
Yeah, that's the difference between mass produced and homegrown. My Cornish X Rocks had at least 1 sq meter per bird and were raised for 6 weeks on a bed of wood shavings. And like homegrown vegetables the quality far exceeded anything you could buy in a store. Southern fried or rubbed with a spicy pepper rub and cooked on a rotisserie, the flavor and texture were unbeatable.
My 12 laying hens live in a 725 sq meter fenced area; I guess you could call that free range. :)

Dude, show us the chix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back