• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Tomatoes

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some tomato varieties. Here is what I'm looking for and I only have room for about 8 plants. I'm looking for a good table tomato, one that is great sliced on sandwiches and in salads. I usually grow Early Girl for this and was wondering what is better.

I'm also looking for a great tomato that is good for canning and making sauce out of.

I just need some suggestions with these.

Thanks

For sauces and salsas I use nothing but opalkas. They have hardly any juice or seeds and are sweet and delicious. They also look like chile peppers.
For big slicers I am always trying something new but Omar's lebanese was great for me this year and German red strawberry is my favorite once again for taste but not for production

For juice and even sauce, I love Red Zebra. A little on the sweet side taste-wise but the juice is much thicker than any other tomato I have grown. And the plants are very, very prolific. There were times this summer I was getting 15-18 tomatoes, ranging in size from three-five ounces from a single plant - and I could do that 2-3 times a week during the peak ripening season.

For slicers, I like Red Delicious. They didn't seem to have a knock-you-out taste but were still great but they were also perfectly formed, uniformly ripe maters and the plants were productive - 2-3 one pound or larger tomatoes 2-3 times a week.

Mike

Red Zebra's sound coool got Green Zebra's here and they are Awesome, the Galapagos is my Fav tasting as not into tomato's, they cherry size But Get Pounds Of them Off the Plant, general Borghese another ripper small and Bushy But HEAPS on them , extremely productive.. pm me your addy and Ill pop some Over :)

got some Siberian Cherries flowering atm, Russian Blacks (don't like them though) and Thai Pink Eggs.. funny thing is i don't like Eating tomato's Just Love growing them..

Oh and any1 else wants some Just Pm me and Ill get some off my bro and pop over.. :)

Back