• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Tomorrow I'm gonna eat those carolina reapers I bought

Dr.Pepper said:
Though it would be hilarious to watch, I say, "Don't do it!". You are gonna regret it for 24-48 hours if you eat a whole pod.
I ate a Reaper and a Moruga I grew along with my brother last year and it was brutal. I'm over the macho pod eating thing lol. The hottest I'm growing this year is the Butch T and I will taste a thin slice of it this year just to get an idea of the raw heat and flavor but there is no way I will eat a whole pod again of a superhot. Been there, done that, over it ! 

They are just screwing with you.  It wont be so bad.  In fact, there are tricks to make it an even better experience.

1. Don't eat anything ahead of time. 
2. Have lots of carbonated beverage ready (not milk or water).
3. Make sure you eat the whole pod, including placenta and seeds.
4. Cut in half and make sure the center hits your tongue first.
5. While cutting in half, dont wear glove.  In fact, rip rather than cut. 
6. After chewing really good, remember to breath threw your mouth not your nose.

Follow these simple steps, video tape, and post to Youtube to become a near instant Internet Star.

Disclaimer: I am an asshole.  Do not listen to any of this advice.

SavinaRed said:
I ate a Reaper and a Moruga I grew along with my brother last year and it was brutal. I'm over the macho pod eating thing lol. The hottest I'm growing this year is the Butch T and I will taste a thin slice of it this year just to get an idea of the raw heat and flavor but there is no way I will eat a whole pod again of a superhot. Been there, done that, over it ! 

I feel about the same way. I love super hots, but whole pods are for cooking.  I do eat them whole, but mainly to grade and know where they are on a heat scale after growing them.  My daughter has started too.  So we are thinking of doing video but it wont be enjoyable.

ajdrew said:
They are just screwing with you.  It wont be so bad.  In fact, there are tricks to make it an even better experience.

6. After chewing really good, remember to breath threw your mouth not your nose.

Follow these simple steps, video tape, and post to Youtube to become a near instant Internet Star.

60625821.jpg

ajdrew said:

Funny stuff.
You forgot to have a nice mug of steamy hot chocolate ready to drink ('cause everyone knows dairy products help tame the heat, right?!?).
Oh, and make sure to eat 2-3 ears of corn on the cob. Try not to chew each kernel too much. You'll find out why later.

ajdrew said:
Naw, full ass hat is when you tell them to rub super hots on their genitals.

you have to be told to do that... seems I always do that somehow.. Starting to become one my favorite parts of growing.....  :rofl:

If this is your first try of a superhot, you're gonna be sorry, mate.

Just don't panic when it feels like you're about to die. It's possible you'll make itt

Back