• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Too late to turn back now

Up until now, I've been playing around. The lights and lumber, mylar, etc., I can use if I grow only plants for my own use or to give to a few friends. But today, I pretty much committed to growing a lot of seedlings.

Ordered 40 18-cell deep well planters, 14 36-cell deep well planters and 50 trays to put them in (I have three or four left from last year). Just a few pennies over $96 for everything, including shipping. I could have waited but the seed cells are on sale.

Still to go:
4 105-watt bulbs
1000 markers
Seeds
Homemade Cold Frame to hold 50 11"x21" trays

I'm also looking at 242 cell "Todd Trays" to start the seeds in as opposed to mass sowing them. They are only 2.5" deep which means plants can grow close to two inches taller than the cells and still be excellent to transplant into 3.5" deep containers.

Mike

Wow! Your committed all right. I'd love to see pictures of that garden....or small farm actually. :-)

BigT,

These are to sell, not grow! I'll have only about 45 tomato plants, 45 peppers, two rows (each about 35 feet long) of potatoes, a row of green beans, a row of peas, a row of carrots/beets, a row of onions/cucumbers, a row of basil (got a customer who wants to buy it) and a row of broccoli, plus a bed of lettuce and some tobacco plants.

I wish I had room to grow all the plants I am going to start. One of them (108 plants) is a beefsteak tomato. They are a fav around here but you cannot buy them in stores, as they are not conducive to mass picking or trucking.

Mike

My trays and seed cells arrived today. Looks like Novasell might have thrown in a couple of carrying trays. Ordering the peppers now and will start them as soon as they arrive. Should have ordered them Friday.

Fatali is not one of the varieties.

Mike

Mike,
Last year I bought 4 85watt bulbs and 4 105s for 9.99 each.
I could have bought many, sold them for 20.00, and still doubled my money. Too bad the sale is over.

Back