water Too much water!!!

I got a dried pod from a customer that came in this package.
gEqPVf6.jpg

This is my 1st time growing them so I'm not to sure what they should taste like, my pods are quite a bit larger than the dried one they came from.

They are very hot and tasty. I've been eating them non stop since they started to ripen.

I had this same problem on a few plants, mostly my Fataliis. I do not believe it to be related to overwatering since this happened during very hot & dry weather. Recently it has been cool & rained for 4 days in a row and they are not showing any similar symptoms.

I narrowed it down to either mite damage or overfeeding/nutrient problem. I took some of the affected leaves up to work to look at them under a microscope & I did not see any evidence of mites, just aphids. However there weren't aphids present on ALL the affected plants. I sprayed them all just in case.

I also tried flushing them thoroughly with 1/4 strength nute solution & then watering til I got about 25% runoff with 1/2 strength nute solution from then on. Previously I was just getting minimal runoff after feeding.

Finally I just pruned off the severely damaged ends & let the plants regrow and all the new growth looks great. 

B9UCntsh.jpg

rNa2jK8h.jpg

Back