• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Top 20 ever!

tellman said:
Hey guys,
I am totally talking mass-market wal-mart style populairity.

I agree in every possible way that these are not the "good" sauces... I am looking for what is most populair. Simply put, who are the top 20 companies that SELL the most hot-sauce?

More opinions please!

I like that! Walmart = Bad. There is a family of sauces I buy at Walmart that really aren't bad. The company is called Bufalo (one 'f' -- and some squiggly thingy above the 'u') Mexican Hot Sauces. I have a bottle of their Chipotle sauce in front of me. It is smoky and delicious. And something like 3 bucks, for a 5 oz bottle. I have to think that would be a popular hot sauce.

I guess El Yucateo would probably be one of the top twenty also then since they are in so many stores. If any real sauces would make the list I would have to think it would be Dave's Insanity and maybe one of Blairs I doubt anyone else has enough marketability going yet. CaJohn would be next and the up and coming Defcon will be there one day. This is an interesting question you have posed, but what is the motivation tellman? Do you plan to try all 20 of the best selling sauces or what?

I feel that sauces have there place and it is really a money game and tabasco has it followed by what you see at your local grocery.

around here uncle big is king and his stuff is all over the place but nothing what tabasco is.

go to defcon land and you will see his area flooded with defcon.

I would say there are about 3 to 5 sauces that are all over the world and they would be

tabasco ( all kinds)
siracha
franks
Cholula
El Yucateo ( not in canada much)

then local grocery or walmart brand

after that the real world sauce starts and defcon,cajohn, uncle big, dave and a wack of others will deliver kickass bottles of goo that will change what you thing is good.

keep reading and buy a few and you will see that

Fatalii Fire by CaJohn.

K well its not really top 20 but it goddamned well should be! 90% of people wouldn't know good hot sauce it it burnt their face clean off. I've been eating that sauce on everything lately. To hell with what's popular, buy this stuff now.

Back