• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Tortilla TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny G. Houston has plenty of great tex-mex joints but I don't associate tex-mex so much with Houston. When I think of Houston, I think BBQ and not just any bbq, but some old dude at a broken down shack on the side of the road churnin' out smoky beef spare's and brisket. As I recall years ago when I was there visiting my sister, you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a joint like that. BBQ so good and succulent, sauce would be almost a sin and to many here in Texas, IT IS!
There are SO MANY excellent restaurant types in Houston - it truly is an international melting pot. When I go home to visit, I always plan on putting on some poundage, and I never get to eat at enough places - do we REALLY have to wait so long for our stomachs to be ready for more??? But yeah, THE BEST BBQ doesn't need sauce. Little shack close to where I grew up called Hickory Hut (so sad it's no longer there, as it burned down) - I used to go and get a pound of beef BBQ (no sauce) and just eat it straight after swim practice. O M G!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back