• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Toxic Dungeness Crab Issue

hogleg said:
I've been following this fairly closely. I'm very bummed we aren't dropping pots this weekend :mope:

My local fish report

http://fishlawsons.blogspot.com/

Yeah, not cool. I don't like when people's livelihoods are affected to that extent ...

We had some guy's as patients when I worked at the eye dr's office who were father & son's crab guy's here, and I liked those dude's ... scrappy fucker's ... lots of turf wars over pot placement and people stealing from other people's pots and shit ...

Good guy's to know ...

10's of million$$$ lost at local ports.

OH don't even get me started on the shady pot poachers. They are the scum of the earth!!

Dungies on Thanksgiving is a HUGE tradition out here. Here's to hoping they'll be on our tables for Christmas at least.

hogleg said:
10's of million$$$ lost at local ports.

OH don't even get me started on the shady pot poachers. They are the scum of the earth!!

Dungies on Thanksgiving is a HUGE tradition out here. Here's to hoping they'll be on our tables for Christmas at least.
Yes I know I used to put out pots go rock cod fishing and get the crabs on the way back in from fishing every year when I use to live in Hayward during the Holidays.

hogleg said:
Friggin BS! I should be crabbing today :mope:
Sucks brother. It's horrible when mother nature deals and ill tempered blow. Tough on the families and the commercial industry in those communities. Growing up on the coast I've seen these things happen countless times.

Our local fishing community was devastated by commercial dredging trying to increase the overall depth of our bay to allow larger pleasure craft!! Wiped out our fish population especially flounder. And devastated the local clam population. All major sources of income for the local population. Fun for the rich at the working families expense.

breaking-bad-3-2-1.jpg

Back